Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Premature labor???

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 34 weeks and 1 day

ave length of contractions are 40 seconds long

approx 7 mins apart.

NOT painful..they just feel like regular braxton hicks

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Drink water and lay on your left side for awhile, see if they ease. If not drink more water and lay in the tube with luke warm water, see if they ease. If not drink even more water and take a walk. BY THEN if they are the real deal you will know it and can call your OB.

Dee0886
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'ts been like this for a little over an hour, I've gone to the bathroom, I've been laying down and drinking....I'll try the tub and then the walk. Thanks :)

Quoting NoraDun:

Drink water and lay on your left side for awhile, see if they ease. If not drink more water and lay in the tube with luke warm water, see if they ease. If not drink even more water and take a walk. BY THEN if they are the real deal you will know it and can call your OB.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I had BH last for HOURS. I know they say they wont be regular, and they wont last more then an hour, and they wont be painful, BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHAT they are wrong LOL. With my last two I had hours, of regular, painful contrations weeks leading up to labor. All I could do was drink fluids, and change positions regularly. I did find the contractions were more regular at night (I seemed to always be up from like midnight to 3 am with regular contractions. Then they would stop and I would go to sleep!! If they get clsoer together or more painful I would go in. But its very possible just BH. If your dehydrated soaking in the tub will help your body absorb water to help as well. ANd it tends to relax you which inturn relaxes your uterine muscles. You could also get hubby to run to the nearest drug stor for calcium magnesium. It will help ease BH contractions!! GREAT stuff!

Quoting Dee0886:

I'ts been like this for a little over an hour, I've gone to the bathroom, I've been laying down and drinking....I'll try the tub and then the walk. Thanks :)

Quoting NoraDun:

stressedmama24
by Toni on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM
i agree with the other ladies but pay attention. if they get worse at all call your dr. i went into labor at 22 wks and had to have it medically stopped. be careful and good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Those don't really seem long enough to be active labor. So I wouldn't worry unless they get closer together, last longer, or get more intense. Do make sure you are hydrated and take a warm bath though. And if they keep going, you should probably call your doctor.

Ladyshivata
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I agree with the above first of all...

Please staying hydrated... very important super important... the most early birth en masse happens during extreme heatwaves because often the women don't stay hydrated enough, it is some kind of trigger... and the bath it helps with hydration too...

Do you know anything about your pain tolerance? Be honest with yourself, it is ok if you cry about even the smallest hurt, some people pain response is fast and hurts like hell for what others wouldn't even blink an eye at.... If you know you can easily walk over any pain that send s others running (example breaking 8-10 bones in your hand and you barely wince), then you need to listen to your body more then the pain...

Also if it is stressing you out and doesnt go away cal the dr or go to the hosipital, calcium magnesium works wonders believe me... not only for BH but beginning pretrm labor if started early, but of course on doctors request...

try4baby20
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM
After 34weeks labor won't typically b stopped so if ur not in true active labor no real need to b seen...cx 5 min apart that u can't walk or talk through, bleeding, or ur water breaking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I've been having contractions since 34 weeks too :/ I went to l&d due to having pain in between my hips and in my lower back and low an behold I was having contractions every 2-3 mins some I felt some I didn't. They gave me two shots to stop labor (but they didn't stop contractions) I was put on bed rest til 37 weeks I'm now 36 weeks and 2 days and have a u/s to see postion of baby and see if I have to get him out here soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I have heard this thing about women in really warm climates having more before term births. And I'm in AZ so its pretty warm here lol.

I think as far as pain tolerance, I can handle a good bit of it. I get kidney stones all the time, and don't get me wrong they hurt and i cry but i can push through without any pain meds. 

Thanks for the tips :) I'm still having them this morning but they aren't intensifying or anything and they're getting a little further apart.

Quoting Ladyshivata:

I agree with the above first of all...

Please staying hydrated... very important super important... the most early birth en masse happens during extreme heatwaves because often the women don't stay hydrated enough, it is some kind of trigger... and the bath it helps with hydration too...

Do you know anything about your pain tolerance? Be honest with yourself, it is ok if you cry about even the smallest hurt, some people pain response is fast and hurts like hell for what others wouldn't even blink an eye at.... If you know you can easily walk over any pain that send s others running (example breaking 8-10 bones in your hand and you barely wince), then you need to listen to your body more then the pain...

Also if it is stressing you out and doesnt go away cal the dr or go to the hosipital, calcium magnesium works wonders believe me... not only for BH but beginning pretrm labor if started early, but of course on doctors request...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured