Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Update: elective c- section

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies thanks so much for all the advice and well wishes. We have decided to go with the elective cesarean only because I am high risk. I have hyperthyroidism and recently the endocrine doctor took me off my thyroid medication because 8 mths later and my thyroid levels are finally within the normal range. I am almost 30 weeks and the c section is scheduled for when I am 39 weeks which is a good time frame because its only a week before my actual due date. Now if I go into labor before that its a completely different ball game. If I go into labor naturally I will still refuse any medication such as pitocin and if needed opt for a c section. The concern of letting me go if needed without the planned c section is that my blood pressure could go up which could aggravate my thyroid levels and harm the baby. So now its a wait and see game lol thanks again mamas bump bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but your having a c-section because of your thyroid? But your levels are normal now? I have hyperthyroidism and graves disease, and I have never heard of needing a csection because of that. Its your body and your choice. I just don't see why you would elect to have a csection because of a thyroid issue
Proudmommy0610
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
It's a bit more complicated than luv read the previous post I put up entitled elective c section.
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I support you in your decision mama, good luck!

Proudmommy0610
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Thank you. It's feels good to have support my family thinks I'm nuts but they don't know what I went through the first time because it wasn't them.

Quoting Larsbug:

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I had a repeat C-section and I feel that as long as you do what you feel is best for you and your family then that's the decision that should be made. As long as you know the risks either way and you can make an informed decision, who am I to tell you which way is right.
Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Thank you. It's feels good to have support my family thinks I'm nuts but they don't know what I went through the first time because it wasn't them.

Quoting Larsbug:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Proudmommy0610
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Thank you

Quoting Larsbug:

I had a repeat C-section and I feel that as long as you do what you feel is best for you and your family then that's the decision that should be made. As long as you know the risks either way and you can make an informed decision, who am I to tell you which way is right.

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Quoting Larsbug:

Momof5kids84
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
No one else has to walk a mile in your shoes. Only you know what is best for you and your baby. A baby needs their mother so your health is just as vital.
Proudmommy0610
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Thank you so much ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN