Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Delivering without anyone in the room? including DH..

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a tendency to over think at this stage of pregnancy..so i have yet another question.

Did you ever have to deliver alone because DH had to stay with the kids? I am so worried that i will have to since my mom and grandparents are all over an hr away. Part of me is considering agreeing to what the OB mentioned, but i really would like to avoid that at all costs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (41-45):
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My 7th baby was born with me completely alone in the bathroom tub. It was an amazing and peaceful birth.
VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

If your mom isn't going to make it in the hour, take the kids to the hospital with you and keep them there for the extra hour.

luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

My daughter was a day shy of 21 months the day I had her sister. She has never been away from me (still to this day) not even alone with dh. She came to the hospital with us and was in the room up until it was time for me to push, then she went to the waiting room with my dad. She came back in as soon as baby was born (about 15 minutes). I have heard that if you have no one to watch the kids then a nurse will usually sit with your child(ren) so that dad can still be in the delivery room, not sure if that is everywhere or just here though. If my dd had been a little older I would have let her be in the room with me during delivery too.

angduse1
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My Husband was in Boot Camp for my first.. and was away in military 

for my third.. He only saw three of his Five Children be  born..

My MOm was there for my first,, and my Girlfriend was there for my

third.. but I felt very alone.. you will get over it.. when it comes 

right down to it.. you and the baby are the only ones that really 

matter at the point.. although it would be nice to see hubby's face

after the last push.. LOL... Back in the Day Indian went into the

woods and did this on their own.. totally on their own.. 

and no one thought anything of it.. she came back with baby

and then handed it to her Brave husband.. I know this is 

scary with out him. but when that pain comes one.. WOW

you have a job to do..and that is all that matters... What did the

doctor suggest.. I will look and see if you said already.. 

Hang in there... I feel for you.. HUGS

pacificamom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

uuggghh no one from church, parents from the kids' school.....no one?! 1 hour should probably be plenty of time as long as you call your mom the second you really think you're in labor

Quoting fkh8ah:

I dont get out to socialize alot unfortunately. Last time i went anywhere without kids, besides L&D, was about 2 yrs ago..i find it hard to make time with all the little ones. Its pretty much my DH,myself,our kids and our horses lol. The thought doesnt bother him as much as it does me..he says "ive seen it all before".

Quoting mushmom:

That seems so sad and lonely to me. There's not a friend that could keep your kids until the grandparents could get there?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN