Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Going to L&D. Wish me luck. *Update - I have to stay : ( *Update 2 & 3 *FINAL UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm  now 32 weeks and 5 days. I got up at 7:30 this morning and I've been feeling crappy ever since. As soon as I woke up I felt very sick to my stomach and I had pain in my ribs for some reason. I am still very sick to my stomach, headache, light headed and dizzy and I feel like I'm gonna pass out when I get up and walk around. Plus, I am having a lot of BH contractions but that isn't really anything new. And I just started having pain in my lower back about a half hour ago which could be nothing but *of course* I am gonna worry about everyt little pain with all these other symptoms too.

Anyway... I called the doctor's office and they told me to go to L&D to be checked out. I have had 3 babies (a singleton and twins) at 34 weeks. I reeeally wanna make it to 37 with this one!!!

*UPDATE-

Welllll..... I have to spend the night at the hospital : (

When I got here my blood pressure was about 152/80 ... which is high (my normal bp is about 120 something over 70 something).... and my pulse was in the 120s... also high. They took blood and a urine sample, did a EKG and kept checking my blood pressure. The most recent one was 150/87. Not good. So I have to spend the night here to have my blood pressure monitored and a 24 hour urine collection to check for protein. The first urine sample came back okay but I guess this is more accurate. Idk. I still have a headache and I have been having some painful contractions but nothing major. 

I won't even be 33 weeks until Saturday. I have never delivered before 34 weeks and even THAT was way too early! All 3 of my 34-weekers spent 2 weeks in the NICU and it was hell. I really hope it goes down by tomorrow and my urine comes back good. If not, this will be my 3rd time having preeclampsia. And if that is what it is, they will send me to OSU Hospital which is 2 hours away (closest NICU). I have already been through that twice... don't wanna do it again. I just want to make it a few more weeks and have a normal delivery and a healthy baby!!!!

Anyone else have high BP during pregnancy that was NOT because of preeclampsia? What did they do about it?

*UPDATE 2-

Just wanted to give you guys a small update. I don't really know anything yet... still waiting on test results. The urine analysis is the most important thing and that won't be done until about 7 or 8pm. All I know right now is that my blood pressure is the highest when I'm sitting up and moving around and it goes down quite a bit when I'm laying down. So the nurse said if they do let me out of here before baby is born, the doctor will most likely put me on bed rest.

*UPDATE 3-

Finally saw the doctor! She said they are gonna start me on a blood pressure medicine and let me get up and move around (instead of laying down 24/7) to see if it helps. My 24-hour urine collection will be over tonight at 6pm and we should have results by 8. Then I have to have my second steroid shot (for baby's lungs) at 1am and she said I should be able to go home tomorrow as long as my blood pressure doesn't go up any further and the medicine helps! The urine analysis will determine if it is preeclampsia or not... and if it is, she said it is mild at this point. So she wants to just treat it with the BP meds and try to keep this little guy in for a few more weeks!

Final update -

Okay! All tests are back and it looks like I might be in the early stages of preeclampsia. The level of protein in my urine was 263 and the nurse said that is the "very high end of normal." It has to be 300 or more to definitely indicate preeclampsia.

And my BP is still staying at about 140/90 which is not dangerously high but still high. My normal BP is 120/80. So ... with both of those things being on the high side, I have to be monitored very closely... BUT... I am going home tonight! I just have to stay until I get my second steroid shot (1am) and then I can go home! I have to follow up with my OB first thing on Monday and they'll probably have me do another 24 hour urine test at home and, of course, check my blood pressure. So glad I'm going HOME!
pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

hope they get you all fixed up! good luck!

mushmom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
GL!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amybarnhart11
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

GL!!!

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Gl keep us updated!! Hopefully it's a stomach bug
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Quoting nirvana78028:

Gl keep us updated!! Hopefully it's a stomach bug
Thanks. That's what my mom said too... hopefully it IS just a bug or something. Still waiting on DH to get home from work so I can leave for the hospital. He should be here any time. I will update for sure!
pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Oregongirl40
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck hopefully it's not pre labor and you get to come back home.

BabyFetus Ticker
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope everything is ok! (hugs)

fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope everything is ok!
tyner_brylee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Waiting for a update. Feel better soon
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Update- Im being monitored. Bp is a little high and pulse is still in the 120s. They took blood and they are checking my urine for protein, doing a ekg and monitoring my bp. I'll update again when i know more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN