Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby registry....

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm due in Aug baby shower is in july I'm thinking of doin my regsitry in the middle of may I'm sending my invitations out at the end of may is that to soon or no..
Next thing is the things I like well mostly the swing play pen and high chair are $100 I feel like that is to much but then again idk I dont want anything cheap but I don't want people thinking I'm outta my mind for asking for these things . What do u ladies think. Im a first time mom and new to this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

put them on there you might be surprised!!! Also, it gives guests a chance to split the cost of a present... not sure what your situation is but in my case the grandparents and great grandparents got the expensive stuff.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I wouldnt ask for a high chair, you won't need it for quite a while. As for the price of things, I found that my friends and family put in some money in small groups to get the pricier things. Truth be told, once baby is here it won't matter what brand the things are or how expensive they are. Baby will decide what they like and don't like. With my first I spent $80 on a bouncer thing that she hated! She literally got in it once and never again. Lol Should have saved my money for something useful, like diapers or clothes that she grew out of weekly! ;)
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

and depending on where you register, they send you like 20% off coupon to purchase any item that's left on your registry, so even if you don't get them, you get a coupon  :-)

wkukid
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Most of my big item things were already bough. The only expensive thing we are going to have to buy is the stroller, and that's because we picked one not in the stores we registered for. My items were a lot more than 100. Put them on there and see.

JamieMN
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I would suggest putting everything you want on there. Some people may go in with others on expensive things...or maybe no one will buy it at all. Regardless it doesn't hurt to have it on there. Plus, you will probably get coupons off the remaining items on your registry. 

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Put everything. Don't expect big gifts. But you'll get a discount later to go purchase whatever is left on there after your shower. & you can go now and do it. I have mine done and my shower is in june and I'm due in July :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I'm not putting any big stuff on my registry, cuz honestly who's gonna get that stuff? If anyone would buy you that it would be family and I think they would have volunteered, not just surprised you at your shower. So I got all my big ticket items...most people get stuff like clothes, diapers, books, and smaller baby items for showers. I wouldn't put anything over $50 on it and I only have a couple of $50 items that hopefully generous family members will be inclined to buy. But the whole getting a coupon for it afterward is a great reason to put it on your registry, I just wouldn't expect to get that stuff.

brittany208
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I dont think 2 months early is too bad. it helps make sure people dont make other plans. too early, though, and they will forget.

put everything you need on your registry in all prices ranges. some people might go in together for more expensive things. or they can choose cheaper things. i wouldnt put too many "wants" though,or you'll risk getting all kinds of cutesy stuff and not getting the things you really need

choliedog918
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Thanks ladies this helps I'm just going to put it all on there and see, I already have the stroller crib and bedding set just the rest has to go on. Would've wrote back sooner but website wasn't working on my phone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)