Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A second baby shower, cute vintage cars, little leather jackets- Is Jessica Simpson for real?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 80 Replies

Jessica Simpson had her baby shower on Sunday for her second child-a boy. 

According to people.com she was gushing over the gifts she received- “He got all these cute vintage cars and I got a lot of little leather jackets I can’t wait to try out!”

Is she just a spoiled mom? Are baby showers for second, third or beyond children necessary? What do you think of Jessica Simpson?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Huh? Leather jackets? Who puts that on an infant?

Little cars are appropriate and there is nothing wrong with a shower for each baby but good gravy. It's a BABY not a mini me celebrity. Something soft and cotton for the child to wear please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't see the problem. Baby showers are for every baby. What's wrong with receiving vintage cars and jackets?

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this
She's a mom like the rest of us and can do as she wants. Each child deserves to be celebrated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
6 moms liked this

They may not be "nessecary" for some but in our families (both mine and DH's) we have showers for every child regardless of age gap and gender.  It's not about the gifts but more of a celebration of the life that's being brought into the world.

midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It's her life her baby etc who cares?

Pregnant with baby number two and mother to a five yr old princess <3 <3<3

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I had a second baby shower and a shower for my fourth. My family just believes in it.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Amen! I don't see what is wrong with celebrating every life. It's not as if the mother-to-be is signing the invites with "bring a gift or die!" LOL!

And the jacket was most likely from someone that saw it in the store and giggled at the thought of a baby in a leather jacket and just HAD to buy it. I know I would. I'd get it just for pics. You could do little punk style pics for 6 or 12 months and spike what little hair they have and put the leather jacket on them and have a toddler "motorcycle" style bike or trike in the background. It'd be cute!

Quoting Devious103102:

They may not be "nessecary" for some but in our families (both mine and DH's) we have showers for every child regardless of age gap and gender.  It's not about the gifts but more of a celebration of the life that's being brought into the world.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I think a party with mementos for the baby is acceptable for each baby. For my second we threw a summer bbq and had a baby table with onsies to decorate, a canvas to sign etc. We didnt expect gifts and put thst on the invitation, we just wanted to see everyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I had a baby shower for my first and I had a sprinkle for my third. My first and second are 15 months apart and are both girls so I had everything I needed for my second. My third is 18 months younger than my second but is a boy so my close family members had a sprinkle for me. I mostly got clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHill12
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Baby showers are totally appropriate I think that if u have had a baby in last yr or two u shouldn't expect lots if gifts and should even say gifts not expected/required whatever... If it been longer I do think that most ppl not going to have baby stuff any more and so yes expect to get more... For a celebrity they should not expect ppl to get gifts when it been just few urs since last baby either for one thing they have tons of money lol however ppl going to a baby shower most likely going to get something and ya if I was having a little bit and had gotten a leather jacket y not??!!!! It would b rude to get gifts and not use them!! And I think baby shower for every pregnancy! It a reason to get together and to celebrate a life!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)