Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Second pregnancy after d&c

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm new to this site but needed some encouraging thoughts. I first was pregnant in dec 2012 and at our first sono dec 21 no heartbeat was detected. I waited two weeks and had further sonograms done, there was no growth of our baby and still no heartbeat. In jan 2013 I had a D&C. Fast forward, I found out last week that I am pregnant again and very happy. I want to be as excited as the first time I found out I was pregnant but I'm still very nervous and scared. I'm scheduled for my first sonogram for this pregnancy on the 26th. I'm I not being a good person to not be as excited as the first? The waiting for the first sonogram just to hear the heartbeat is overwhelming. Even still knowing nothing is guaranteed in this life. I'm trying my hardest to stay strong in faith however I feel as if I'm slipping at times. Help! 

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jessica120911
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
It is okay to not be excited like you were the first time, my best friend had a miscarriage in Nov. and she had to have the d&c, well January she found out she was pregnant and they decided not to get excited or get their hopes up like they did the first time just for them to get hurt again, well when she went to the OB doc she had a miscarriage, she was 4 weeks along. I hope that doesn't happen to you though. But it is normal for you not to be excited this time because of what happened to you the first time.
But welcome to cafemom and the group, congratulations and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

It's ok, it is really emotionally stressful waiting for that confirmation. Just remember that before at least 6-7 weeks it's pretty rare to see a heartbeat on an ultrasound

Jaime435
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Thank you I will keep that in mind. It just changed my perspective of everything in life. How precious life is. Thank you sooo much for your responses. 

myusernamedied
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I completely understand, the same exact thing happened to me.
I had a D&C last summer and found out I was expecting at the end of September.
I didn't allow myself to get 'super' excited until I passed the 14 week mark.

I wish you the best.
(By the way, my doctor also mentioned to me, whilst addressing my concerns with said pregnancy that 98% of women go through having a miscarriage at least once in their life, some women are just lucky enough to have chemical pregnancies. [When you get pregnant, but the baby doesn't take, so you have your period on time; nothing seems out of the ordinary, so they never even know]
I'm not entirely sure why, but this comforted me.)

Don't stress out, just because it happened once, doesn't mean it will again. I wish you all of the best. Congradulations, and keep us updated, honeybun. lol

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats and LOTS of good thoughts!

Jaime435
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
  1. Thank you. Forgot to mention something that eased my mind. When I first found out I was pregnant the doctor did order for my hcg levels to be checked. First day levels registered at 749 then within 48 hours peaked at 3050. My doctor did mention everything was showing good and was pleased with results. Gives me some hope. Please keep me in prayer for the 26th and I will do the same for all of you that have responded. This has helped me just being able to write my feelings, so thank you. 
Jaime435
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM

God is good! My husband and I went to our first sonogram yesterday and we saw and heard our baby's heartbeat. Even though my anxiousness at times got the best of me I realized the situtation needed to be left in Gods hands. Having been through our lost during the first pregnancy I'm certain I will always be a bit nervous when I go for any ultrasounds. I will continue to pray for everyone as we embark on this beautiful journey God has given us. 

BethRae
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's normal to feel that way after a loss!
KPJ
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations sweetheart.. You will see that everything will be just fine.
Please keep us updated
Love sent your way <3

Quoting Jaime435:

1. Thank you. Forgot to mention something that eased my mind. When I first found out I was pregnant the doctor did order for my hcg levels to be checked. First day levels registered at 749 then within 48 hours peaked at 3050. My doctor did mention everything was showing good and was pleased with results. Gives me some hope. Please keep me in prayer for the 26th and I will do the same for all of you that have responded. This has helped me just being able to write my feelings, so thank you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)