Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

8 weeks spotting? Similar experiences?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm 8 weeks along with our first child and every litle thing worries me. I started spotting 9 days ago but it was just tan/brown. Yesterday it turned a little more dark red. But it virtually stops in the evenings. I called my dr and he said not to worry the baby is fine and it's common to have a little spotting in pregnancy. I guess i'm just looking for some reassurance that you ladies have had healthy pregnancies with a little spotting? I found it strange that I spot during the day but it quits toward night. Its only there when I wipe, don't even need a panty liner.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
yummypeaches
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I spotted around 6-7 weeks and again around 9 weeks. Like bright red blood. The first time it made the whole toilet bowl water bright red (sorry tmi). Every time it happened I thought, "oh great this is it another miscarriage.." But apparently I had nothing to worry about because I am now 31 weeks with a healthy baby boy. I had a miscarriage around 6 weeks a few years ago and there was spotting involved then too. I was so sure it was happening again this time but everything was fine. I even spotted for 2 weeks straight and my doctor said that was fairly common. I've also had a blighted ovum (where there is just an empty sac, no baby) and I had no spotting at all. I had all of the pregnancy symptoms and only found out when I went in for my 8 week ultrasound. I had to have a d&c at 10 weeks because my body wasn't miscarrying on its own. If you have already seen a heartbeat I wouldn't worry so much. And even if you haven't, its not something we can control or prevent, as hearbreaking as it is. I'm sure you'll be fine, just rest and pray a lot :) Good luck

-LadyChaos-
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I am 7 weeks and have spotting too.

Don't stress too much, and congrats! =)

kelly617
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yep
I started spotting the day I got my positive test...and continued to spot until about 9wks
I had 2 U/S to see what was going on and they couldnt' figure it out...my doc thinks it was just a sensitive cervix

BabyFetus Ticker

mamaanl
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Around 10 weeks I had a bit of brownish spotting.  Everything was completely fine.  It's quite common for people to spot early on.  As long as you aren't having heavy bleeding and cramping you should be perfectly fine.  Congrats on the baby! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)