Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

FREAKING OUT. (May be a little TMI)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am currently 31 weeks pregnant. Well, yesterday after the S/O and I fooled around, I've been noticing that every time I lean forward, get up, sit down, pretty much any time I move, I seem to leak a little. I keep going to the restroom, assuming that I'm just leaking urine since it happens to most around this time, but I don't have to go or anything. It's clear, and doesn't really have a smell to it. (I read online to smell it, I kind of got grossed out at the idea, but felt the need since it scared me so much.) It was really bad yesterday, but now it's calmed down BUNCHES. I'm just wondering if I should really be worried about this or not? I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and was hoping to just wait it out and ask her about it and see what she thinks, but I'm not sure if I can hold off that long. Just hoping for some reassurance, or a kick in the butt to get me to go to the ER.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I have that issue sometimes to. My OBGYN said it's normal because the vagina is producing more fluids because of pregnancy. I'd go to the ER if you're cramping, bleeding or moving becomes painful. Oh or if you notice the discharge to have a different color or has an odd smell.
Missmyangel1
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

It could be left over semen if you had sex or its just the normal discharge. My discharge picked up around that time as well. I am not 33 weeks and there are days that i have lots of it and days i dont have as much.

myusernamedied
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Well then I should be okey dokey because none of those are accompanying it. lol. Thank you so much.
Quoting AmericanChild82:

I have that issue sometimes to. My OBGYN said it's normal because the vagina is producing more fluids because of pregnancy. I'd go to the ER if you're cramping, bleeding or moving becomes painful. Oh or if you notice the discharge to have a different color or has an odd smell.
CafeMom Tickers
myusernamedied
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I would be pretty worried if there was THAT much left over semen. lol. No, I cleaned myself up afterward with a shower. Otherwise, I feel..gross. Yeah, I've heard it's probably just discharge or urine, but I worry. Thank you so much.
Quoting Missmyangel1:

It could be left over semen if you had sex or its just the normal discharge. My discharge picked up around that time as well. I am not 33 weeks and there are days that i have lots of it and days i dont have as much.

CafeMom Tickers
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have more discharge the day after having sex...I think it's normal, and even if it was amniotic fluid, your amniotic sac will just reseal itself. Unless you're bleeding or having contractions I wouldn't worry.

AmericanChild82
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You're very welcome. I hate when the little things freak me out to so I'm glad I could help.
Quoting myusernamedied:

Well then I should be okey dokey because none of those are accompanying it. lol. Thank you so much.
Quoting AmericanChild82:

Missmyangel1
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I completely feel the same as u with the whole semen thing lol I hate the feeling of anything coming out down there. 

I had an appt on wednesday and had asked my dr about it because mine picked up a lot starting around 30 weeks and was still pretty bad. He said as long as its not green or has a bad odor or blood then you are good and its completely normal, just another fun thing about pregnancy lol Good luck and I hope it slows down for ya soon!!

Quoting myusernamedied:

I would be pretty worried if there was THAT much left over semen. lol. No, I cleaned myself up afterward with a shower. Otherwise, I feel..gross. Yeah, I've heard it's probably just discharge or urine, but I worry. Thank you so much.
Quoting Missmyangel1:

myusernamedied
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Oh, well, thank god for that. I just love all of the little things that come with pregnancy. lol.
And I'm so glad to hear it's not just me that gets all weird about stuff like that. It totally bogues me out. Haha.

And good luck to you as well, madam.

Quoting Missmyangel1:

I completely feel the same as u with the whole semen thing lol I hate the feeling of anything coming out down there. 

I had an appt on wednesday and had asked my dr about it because mine picked up a lot starting around 30 weeks and was still pretty bad. He said as long as its not green or has a bad odor or blood then you are good and its completely normal, just another fun thing about pregnancy lol Good luck and I hope it slows down for ya soon!!

Quoting myusernamedied:

Quoting Missmyangel1:

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Could be lots of things. Left over semen, extra discharge, urine, etc. 

MamaToCarson
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Tmi but my discharge was ridiculous the farther along I got with my son!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN