Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you decide??

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 40 Replies
What made you pick the crib that you chose? For some reason I am having an incredibly difficult time choosing one, and dh says he wants me to order it soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Well I have the same one I had since my first (not sure if we will use it this time or not) but I just picked a basic one that was affordable. I dont like picking out the fancy stuff. Even if I have the money to spend on it, it just seems like a waste to me. I guess you do want check ratings out too though!

Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I just want the nursery to be done! I picked out a random white crib that was $300 or $400 and dh told me that I wasn't going to just get his son the cheapest crib I could find.

I was tempted to tell him to find the crib himself, but that probably wouldn't be smart, either. Hmmm.....
Lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Well I have the same one I had since my first (not sure if we will use it this time or not) but I just picked a basic one that was affordable. I dont like picking out the fancy stuff. Even if I have the money to spend on it, it just seems like a waste to me. I guess you do want check ratings out too though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My personal experience that is rediculous! If I want to spend $1200 my Hubby would say ok, but if I could find a nice crib for $100 he wouldn't complain either. If it were me I would absolutely tell him to find the one he wants. Thats just crazy!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I just want the nursery to be done! I picked out a random white crib that was $300 or $400 and dh told me that I wasn't going to just get his son the cheapest crib I could find.

I was tempted to tell him to find the crib himself, but that probably wouldn't be smart, either. Hmmm.....
Lol

Quoting NoraDun:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Decide how long you will use the crib will you convert this into a twin or full side bed are you going to buy the other matching parts. Is is good solid wood does it scratch easy these are all part of my decision . I suggest checking out some of the cribs and reviews on Amazon.com

Good luck
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
It was pretty ridiculous. I was half asleep and he came into the bedroom with this very serious look on his face. And he says, "rain2rinse, why are you trying to find my son the cheapest crib out there?"
Excuse me, sir, I think that $400 is perfectly fine, and if I could fid something I liked for less, I would order that one.

It is his first bio baby, and he's never done this before. I'm trying to be understanding. I'm not sure what he's expecting this crib to do, though. Maybe he thinks we can buy one that will change diapers and breastfeed.

Quoting NoraDun:

My personal experience that is rediculous! If I want to spend $1200 my Hubby would say ok, but if I could find a nice crib for $100 he wouldn't complain either. If it were me I would absolutely tell him to find the one he wants. Thats just crazy!

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I think a part of my problem is that I want to see and touch the cribs, as opposed to just ordering them. :/

Quoting DACIA79:

Decide how long you will use the crib will you convert this into a twin or full side bed are you going to buy the other matching parts. Is is good solid wood does it scratch easy these are all part of my decision . I suggest checking out some of the cribs and reviews on Amazon.com

Good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Find the crib you like online and see if they have a buy in store option and then call they store to see if they have one on display.
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Um, $300 - $400 for a crib is pricey in my opinion! lol, how does how much cribs typically cost? I wouldn't spend more than $200. I found the one I want on Amazon and I like it because it can convert into a toddler bed and everything, plus it was on sale on Amazon (I pretty much never buy anything that's not on sale on Amazon) for only $200 or so. And it looks really nice and has great reviews. Amazon makes buying this stuff easy and stress free in my opinion

Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Oh and then I just read what you said about wanting to be able to see and touch cribs. The suggestion to find a couple you like online and then call stores to see if they have them was a good one...you might not get the best price that way, but apparently price is not really an issue lol, sorry, what he said is still cracking me up.

Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Amazon is where I have been looking. I did see some that were less than $300-$400, but people complained about the wood, so I state away from those.

Ugh! Maybe I will wake up and a crib will just be in the nursery, with somebody else having done the choosing??

Quoting Racheldp20:

Um, $300 - $400 for a crib is pricey in my opinion! lol, how does how much cribs typically cost? I wouldn't spend more than $200. I found the one I want on Amazon and I like it because it can convert into a toddler bed and everything, plus it was on sale on Amazon (I pretty much never buy anything that's not on sale on Amazon) for only $200 or so. And it looks really nice and has great reviews. Amazon makes buying this stuff easy and stress free in my opinion

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)