Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

To find out or not to??

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 20 Replies

Has anyone waitied till delivery to find out the gender of their baby? Is it really that much more special than finding out at the 18-20 week ultrasound?? I was going to wait but now I just want to cave in! The way I look at it is...the technology is there, so why wait! Also, I can be surprised during the ultrasound, what really is the difference in waiting 5 more months?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I could never wait I like to know and give the baby a name. I also want to shop. If I had already had a boy and girl I wouldn't mind waiting as much but I doubt I could get my ultrasound and pass up the opportunity.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I could never wait haha I love shopping for clothes before the baby is born so I have to know :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabarnes86
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Yeah that's the thing, I already have a girl and boy and we don't need to shop for anything because we have everything for both genders. I think I am going to cave only because as bad as it sounds....I have a gender preference and would like to have 5 months to prepare myself mentally if its the other gender....

Quoting DACIA79:

I could never wait I like to know and give the baby a name. I also want to shop. If I had already had a boy and girl I wouldn't mind waiting as much but I doubt I could get my ultrasound and pass up the opportunity.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Quoting Mommabarnes86:

So what's your preference? I always thought I would have 1 girl and I'm pregnant with my 3rd boy now I feel guilty because I had a girls name picked out and not a boy.
Mommabarnes86
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I would love another girl. My youngest is a boy and I want my daughter to have a sister that is still close in age to her. If I have a girl, I am taking a break from making babies for a couple years. If its a boy, ill feel like I need to try for a girl shortly after. I really want to take a break after this one lol

Quoting DACIA79:

Quoting Mommabarnes86:

So what's your preference? I always thought I would have 1 girl and I'm pregnant with my 3rd boy now I feel guilty because I had a girls name picked out and not a boy.

rbailey2414
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

No way can I wait! I am a planner, plus I hate the color yellow.

KariC33
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Well i didnt want to wait but every ultrasound i had while being pregnant the techs would always tell me different genders each time -.- so i had no choice but to wait since i couldnt be sure. I actually found it more exciting knowing at birth even if it was exciting on ultrasound too but birth was more exciting. I bought neutral clothes but not to much. And the name well i had both boy and girl names. I had a dd she is 2nonths now
5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant ever wait lol I just wanna know haha

xotatiannaxo
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I havent, we found out both times before, but this time we wont be finding out. i cant wait to not find out, and to find out at birth. so exciting.

mushmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
We waited with our second, mainly because it was a repeat cs so there was no surprise as to when she was coming. But I knew anyway. This time we're taking the girls to the ultrasound and finding out as a family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)