Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you asking your other kids...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 24 Replies

(if you have them) for input on baby's name?

We asked my 3yo what we should name his little brother, and he is insisting on "Buggy." Not sure where that came from... lol

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Nope. They had no say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Weve asked our four yr old. At first, before we found out its a boy, she wanted to name her girl baby sister tinkerbell. Now she knows its a boy she wants to name him canopy. No idea where that came from but that qhat she said.
Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
No.

We just started referring to the baby by te name dh and I chose. That's all she knows him as so she accepts and loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadditalbrat
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol our son insister we name our youngest AstroBoy and our daughter said Piper. That is her name btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itann
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old nephew chose a name for my son. 'Round boiled egg'. I said it's a pretty big name for a small baby. So, now he's trying to find a new small name :)
feralkitten
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

na my kids say still like ben out of ben 10 

we pick they names my kids get to pick and outfit and toy for the baby 

VintageWife
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
No, because I can imagine the hurt and disappointment when their chosen name isn't used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

No. First because she's not even 2, and also I'm very name picky and I can't imagine a little kid choosing a name I would want to use. So I'd end up asking her input and then not using her name, and that's sad. She can name pets and toys :P

heathermarie23
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My first wanted to name my middle one AJ, so he's Ari Jordan and we call him AJ.  The time he suggested Kobe like his dad,I'm fighting til the end for something else... I'll probably lose though.

WESTNT2013
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My husband named his sister. Alyssa. Yup he came up with that name at 5 years old. He was so upset when he found out that he wasnt getting a brother that his parents said he could name her, but it had to be a good name, and not something like salt, fluffy, or buggy.

Apparently he was watching a PBS show with his mom, it was about the old wooden great ships from the 17 and 18 hundreds. One of the boats had a carving of a lady on the front (as so many did) and her name was the beautiful Elyssa. His mom didn't like it with the E, so she changed it to an A. and there we have it, My sister in law Alyssa, named by her big brother. She always jokes that she is named after a boat.

Don't slam it, it may just work out. And if they come up with something stupid, talk it over with them, if it is that important to you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)