Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

28 days left!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm 36 weeks today due in 28 days. This is my first baby and I'm getting more and more nervous. I know I can have her at any time now. What should I expect from now until delivery? What were your experiences?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AlexisKayStone
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM

BUMP!

Brooke0
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM
This is also my first and ill be 40 weeks tomorrow. Im hoping he hurrys up and comes before friday or the doctor said we will be talking about inducing on the 28 which is next Sunday.
mammaci
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I love my story, cause after I had her so many "vetern" mom's that were on there second or so pregnency said classic labor signs.  I was just 37 weeks when I had her, I woke up one morning and puked now I did not having morning sickness anywhere in my second or third trimesters...so this was very uncommon for me.  My stomach hurt just like I was getting my period so I called my doctor it seemed to be a constant pain so they said that I prob. had a stomach bug to just stay hydrated and try to relax. I had been walking a lot so we went for our usuall walk even though I just was not feeling well, I had to sit down along the way on benches then I usually did and I just felt Blah! I got back to my parents and went to lay down...hoping a nap would make my bug go away.  Around 730 my mom told me she had dinner ready I went to the bathroom, and before I got to the toliet my pants were wet(no it was not like a movie where there was a puddle of water underneath me), I sat down on the toliet cleaned myself ( i was really calm), I then changed my pants put on a pad and waited prob 30 sec then checked it it was wet.  My water had broken off to the hospital we went I walked in to l and d smiling happy as can be lol.  They were shocked how calm I was having my first child and being in my 20's but my sister had told me the more you relax the better the delivery.  God, it was wonderful I know prob. no one says that but I truly had no issues.  I was 4 cm when I got there in labor for 12 hours and pushed her out 44 mins.  I did not scream thru delivery which saved my energy, and yes i did look at the doctor and tell her I was done when I got to needing to push her shoulders out, but I have been told a lot of mom's do this.  Something in you at that moment though makes you want to hold that baby even more.  You will be fine, each person's bodies are different.  I have been told that they tend to be born when they are more active so my daughter kicked in the morning a lot I had her at 8:44 am.  

mammaci
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Walk!!!! I probally walked a mile the day my water broke, and walked at least two miles the whole week before she came.

kbear1992
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I'm right with you!! :) I'm 36 weeks (almost 37) and I have 25 days left hehe I'm so excited!!! I wish I could walk but I'm on bed rest until 38 weeks due to starting contractions at 32 weeks!! Ughh I walked so much in the beginning probably all the way up until I was 32ish weeks I was walking so much on top of working (I was a cashier so I was standing all the time) lets hope baby comes soon!
Jessicataylor02
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Congratulations my husband and I walk all the time. I heard it makes delivery easier. I can not wait until I'm holding my little girl. This has been an experience that's for sure.

Quoting kbear1992:

I'm right with you!! :) I'm 36 weeks (almost 37) and I have 25 days left hehe I'm so excited!!! I wish I could walk but I'm on bed rest until 38 weeks due to starting contractions at 32 weeks!! Ughh I walked so much in the beginning probably all the way up until I was 32ish weeks I was walking so much on top of working (I was a cashier so I was standing all the time) lets hope baby comes soon!

LuckyNLoved
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM

My advice? Listen to your body and do your research. I didn't do any research with my daughter so I got induced at 39 weeks, labored for 13 and a half hours, pushed for half an hour, and had her. With my son, I tried not to be induced, but my doctor would not deliver past 41 weeks so at 40 weeks and 3 days(no bashing for my decision making ladies, what's done is done), I started pitocin at 8:17am, at 4 cm. My son was born at 11:51am and I actually had them turn off the pitocin an hour an a half before I started pushing thanks to my doula. The pitocin was turned off because I felt that my labor would progress without it. Just listen to your gut. I was not sure why I desperately felt I needed to be in the hospital when my son was born until Induction Day when they discovered meconium in the amniotic fluid, so being there was what was right for me. Good luck mama and I hope your little one comes soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)