Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bio Oil: poison or godsend?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Just tried it for the first time and was a fan! I did a bit of research and there are some mixed feelings on it. Same things with my friends,some think it poison and some lubed themselves up with it every night.

at the end of the day, I am trying to eat healthy, exercise and keep my weight gain under control to prevent stretch marks.

what are your thoughts in bio oil?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I've never tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Never tried it. I also know that stretch marks will come no matter what I do. I hardly gained any weight with my second but I could not change how big my belly or breast would get. I got the worst stretch marks from her.
Babes2626
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Never tried it.

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Never tried it. I prefer coconut oil.

ETA: It really doesn't matter how much of anything you use, genetics will always play a bigger part. I have friends who used nothing and had no stretch marks and friends who slathered up like greased pigs and have stretch marks galore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting kmqw229:

I've never tried it.

CafeMom Tickers
Twix.Leigh
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I have a bottle my sis gave me for Christmas... and I haven't thought to research it.
I've hardly used it though. I hate feeling greasy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM

i used it with both pregnancies and i got no strech marks, i used it twice a day everyday

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Honestly? I have tried it after I  had my baby and it seemed to smooth out my skin and fade out some marks, but it hasnt totally removed my stretch marks. So after a few months I just stopped using it. I have  also tried palmers belly butter which helps too. Do you know why some women call it poison???

Gypsysmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Quoting stargaze281:

Honestly? I have tried it after I  had my baby and it seemed to smooth out my skin and fade out some marks, but it hasnt totally removed my stretch marks. So after a few months I just stopped using it. I have  also tried palmers belly butter which helps too. Do you know why some women call it poison???

Some people are opposed to it because the first ingredient is paraffin oil, which is a petolium by-product. There is also some Vit A in it (but it is considered safe for pregnancy).

katielovesyou21
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM

used it the entire time prego with my son and afterwards it didnt help at all want the proof look at my tummy :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN