Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I feel bad because..... **vent post** ((UPDATE IN PURPLE))

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 241 Replies
4 moms liked this

I can't seem to get 100% happy about having my 4th BOY.  I was done having kids after my 3rd son and I was ok with the fact that I never got my girl, but then mother nature had a sense of humor and BAM!  pregnant..lol  On top of having to switch my brain back into baby mode, I'm dealing with the fact that once again it's not a girl.  I wasn't trying for another baby and I was saving up money to get my tubes tied but I was hoping since nature threw this curve ball at me, that maybe this time it would be a girl.  It's hard to see mothers with 2 boys and a girl or even worse, 3 boys and they finally got their girl.  I know the most important this is he's healthy and he is (thank goodness) and I KNOW I'm being totally childish and selfish about this.....but I feel how I feel about it.  I know when he gets here I'm going to be so in love with him and of course he'll never know how sad I am right now and I know most of it is hormones (got to love them) but I just wanted to vent to get it off my chest and I know this feeling won't last forever....just needed an emotional release I guess.

Thank you ladies for your support and honest feelings about my post.  I loved reading all the responces and wish I could reply to them all but wow! it got up to over 200...lol  I'm going for another ultrasound in a few days and I'm looking forward to it so I can see him again and keep wrapping my mind around the term "my 4th son".  I can not say how much it meant to me to see all of you ladies in this post...everyone was honest and I love that.  I'm nothing if not blunt and honest..lol  :)  Thank you again for the support.  <3  I will of course be keeping you ladies updated on how my little man is growing.  :) 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oregongirl40
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM
9 moms liked this

your not being childish or selfish...what your feeling is completely normal!!!!!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Sorry you are having a rough time. I think your feelings are normal, dont feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I'm opposite of you lol I have a step daughter and daughter and now we are hoping for a boy but won't know for a few more weeks. I have a feeling it's another girl which we just want a happy and healthy baby but would really like a boy. My friend has 4 girls and is still trying for a boy then my other friend has 3 boys and is trying for a girl right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
11 moms liked this
I feel your pain Im pregnant with my 3rd boy hopefully God will give us both lots of granddaughters.
DragonLuv
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
17 moms liked this
Boys are awesome, I don't know what I would do with a girl.
paigesmommy5264
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I have 2 girls and 2 boys (pregnant with 2nd boy) and I was upset about a 2nd boy bc of how close I am with my first. I cried. Its ok to be a little upset, completely normal!
zetajen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

it is good to acknowledge the disappointment. and I think you are right. once you meet him, you may still want a girl, but you will love him the way a mother should.

bloomsr
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
9 moms liked this
Maybe swing by your local high school and see what the girls are wearing these days... Pretty scantly clad and slutatious!!

Maybe knowing you won't have to deal with that will help with not having a girl:) in the mean time, take it easy on yourself. You will love your son of course but its hard to feel like you're missing out bc you won't have a daughter. Try to enjoy your pregnancy. Get a relaxing massage to ease your mind.
audreesmama
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
You might change your mind :-). Relax!
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I think you're right that are you are being selfish. Be thankful you have 4 healthy babies, no matter the gender. Some people aren't so lucky and you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)