Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bicornuate uterus- woman who have this , has this happened to you ?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 35 Replies
I have a bicornuate uterus . 19 weeks pregnant ! (: the past few weeks , my uterus contracts . tightens hard and releases . Randomly , not consistently & just a handful of times through out the day . my ob-gyn is aware of this & told me not to be worried , just pay attention to how many times it happens . she said it is contractions and It's because of my uterus shape . It's nothing to be too worried about yet . Any woman out there have a bicornuate uterus & had these random contractions / tightening of the uterus throughout your pregnancy ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Nope but here's a bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM

BUMP!

georgiapeachh
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Bump ! Please , anyone ?

MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My friend had the same issues, she ended up having her twins at 28 weeks due to bicornuate uterus.

nsrush83
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I have a septate uterus (similar to bicornate) and had my son at 28 weeks. You need to make sure your dr takes it seriously!

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM

mine is bicornate too and made it it to 40 weeks 2 days with my dd.

Jubileee
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Mine is and both of my kids I had preteen labor starting at 28 weeks. Delivered my dd at 38 and ds at 35&6. Make sure you lay down and drink plenty of water. Take.it easy
georgiapeachh
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM
My doctor isn't concerned just yet since I'm only 20 weeks .I have a ultrasound scheduled at my 28 weeks . I'm a nervous wreck ! She said she could give me medication to stop the contractions but wants to see how it goes the next few weeks

Quoting nsrush83:

I have a septate uterus (similar to bicornate) and had my son at 28 weeks. You need to make sure your dr takes it seriously!

georgiapeachh
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
My ob said that she has delivered many women with my uterus shape full term ! So that is good to here . Have you ever had the random tightness and contractions in early pregnancy ?

Quoting Bethbeth:

mine is bicornate too and made it it to 40 weeks 2 days with my dd.

georgiapeachh
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I've been relaxing a lot . I want to start working , do you think I should ? A job right now isn't worth the risk of stressing my body out if it's that serious , ya know ?

Quoting Jubileee:

Mine is and both of my kids I had preteen labor starting at 28 weeks. Delivered my dd at 38 and ds at 35&6. Make sure you lay down and drink plenty of water. Take.it easy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)