Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i couldn't do this

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 71 Replies

my best friend is pregnant again with her 2nd baby (we just found out) and she said she wanted her kids to be CLOSE in age.. well we didnt think THIS close.. but her DD is 6 monthes.. ahh i couldn't deal! wbu!?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
pregnancy calendar
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

If it is planned nope. We like them 3 years apart and so far that is what we have had. But if it happens we will work with it. Things will work out. But I could not plan it that way.

Nickels224
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I couldn't either my children are all 2 years apart perfect. It would feel like I had twins.

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
My first ad second are almost 2 yrs apart. My 2 an 3 are 3 years ad of course 3 and this one are 2 almost 3 years apart. Lol. This last one was a huge surprise. But I couldn't do it so close like her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I would figure it out but def not something I want.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I have twins but I would rather have another set of twins then have 2 close in age! Lol I am 35weeks pregnant but my twins are 5 and a half so it is great! If we decide to have another after this since this is SO first baby we will wait min of 3 years!
mama2gg
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I wanted my kids very close I'm age I would be thrilled to be pregnant when dd was 3-6 months but alis I had a csection so now I must wait longer :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beebella
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
You need to give to give your body time to heal and give yourself time with the baby to bond. If you're pregnant so soon and have to worry about morning sickness and feeling tired and going to doc appointments. How are you going to be able to really care for your baby and devote time to the baby? When I was pregnant I couldn't imagine taking care of an infant.
mama2gg
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Not all women get sick nor feel bad pregnant

I felt AMAZING with ds I could have easily cared for a baby the entire time

Quoting Beebella:

You need to give to give your body time to heal and give yourself time with the baby to bond. If you're pregnant so soon and have to worry about morning sickness and feeling tired and going to doc appointments. How are you going to be able to really care for your baby and devote time to the baby? When I was pregnant I couldn't imagine taking care of an infant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLCrunch
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

lol DD was just shy of 6 months when I purposely fell pregnant with DS. Call me crazy but SO and I did it for the exact same reason, we want our kids close in age. :)

JLCrunch
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

This is a common misconception. I'm 18w, 3d and although occassionally tired I have no problem caring for DD (9 months), teething and all.

Quoting Beebella:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)