Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

/: Stretch marks??!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 23 Replies
So I am currently 7 months along and i'm starting to have terrible stretch marks... And by terrible I mean dark deep purple ones. /: Any advice on how to help prevent future ones? Or to stop the oh so annoying itching?! ):
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vinsmomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I with someone told me when I was first pregnant! Slow your weight gain down, it helps the skin have more time to stretch.. If your prone to getting them you will get them it just depends on the severity of them.. Lots of hydration for the itchiness.. Drink lots of water, I use coconut oil on my belly once or twice a day and it always keeps nice and soft.. (its my 4th pregnancy) I only got them with my first
siergomez
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Vitamin E lotion and baby oil witth vitamin E a few times a day has worked wonders for me, and with my type of skin I get them SO easily.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothing will prevent them. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them. Moisturizing with coconut oil immediately after showering (pat dry, apply oil while skin is still moist) can help with the itching. 

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Sigh...at this point (39 weeks with my third) I've just thrown in the towel
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing is going to stop them from coming. Just keep they lotion up. I like my shea butter lotion. I was constantly putting it on through out the day. When I felt like I needed to itch. I just got my lotion out and rubbed it on.

tbarnes895
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I use the bio oil after every shower and occassionally if itchy when needed and I don't have any and didn't get any with my first either.  They say you are either prone to them or not and that you can't prevent them but I'm not gonna stop oiling up to see if thats true or not.

ashiebearrr
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Well luckily I haven't gained a bunch of weight.. So far i'm baby!! But since I ballooned up so fast they're terrible looking! This is my first.... Do they get any better after you give birth and lose weight??? /:

Quoting Vinsmomma:

Honestly I with someone told me when I was first pregnant! Slow your weight gain down, it helps the skin have more time to stretch.. If your prone to getting them you will get them it just depends on the severity of them.. Lots of hydration for the itchiness.. Drink lots of water, I use coconut oil on my belly once or twice a day and it always keeps nice and soft.. (its my 4th pregnancy) I only got them with my first

ashiebearrr
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Psh.. That's what I'm about to do!! But I can't stand it.

Quoting KatieFlower:

Sigh...at this point (39 weeks with my third) I've just thrown in the towel

ashiebearrr
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I've tried baby oil with vitamin e in it a few times but my skin is so sensitive right now that I nearly break out in a rash with everything I try!! ):

Quoting siergomez:

Vitamin E lotion and baby oil witth vitamin E a few times a day has worked wonders for me, and with my type of skin I get them SO easily.

5PointedHuman
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I use Camellia Oil and Sweet Almond Oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN