Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I don't really know what this is...help?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What is this?

Options:

Early labor

False or prodromal labor (prelabor)

I have no idea

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Early labor? False labor? Or just some weird braxton hicks. Sunday morning I started getting what felt like braxton hicks at 10:04 am...I got 10 of them by 11:15, and by 11:30 they seemed to subside...but then a couple house later I started noticing them again, probably about every 10-20 mins all day long. Then at 9:30 I got a couple really painful ones and then they stopped. Then during the night I was woken up atleast 4 or 5 times having these contractions, except when I wake up having them I am feeling pressure on my cervix. Yesterday first thing in the am I had diarrhea (sorry tmi) I didnt seem to have any and I thought they were gone until around noon time, then I was having them all day but not as frequent as the day b4. They got stronger (not painful at all, just feel like strong braxton hicks and pressure) around 8pm last night and again last night same thing I was woken up a few times. I don't really know what to do. I am 35 weeks 3 days with my 4th baby and I have never experienced this b4. I went into preterm labor with my youngest at 33 or 34 weeks and was given medication to stop it, he ended up being born at 39 weeks 1 day. They told me that at 36 weeks they dont try to stop it but I'm not going to be 36 weeks until saturday. I really don't want to have medication again to stop labor if this is early labor, the side effects were horrible. Idk if I should call my doctor and tell him whats going on and ask if he wants to do an NST to see how she's doing, and maybe an ultrasound to check her size...I would only have the meds if he felt it was really medically necessarry that she not be born yet. I really don't mind if she comes a little early lol as long as shes srong enough then Im all for it! I went and got all the last minute things I had to get to pack in my hospital bag yesterday and will be packing my husbands and kids bags today and washing her carseat cover just in case. I have no idea if I have started effacing and dilating yet, but I'm sure something is going on. I havent lost my mucous plug or had any bloody show, I'm uncomfortable, but I mostly just worried about how my baby is doing. She has been moving pretty good still though so that's been reassuring me that she's ok. What do you think this is? Any advice would be very much appreciated :) Thanks!

*Update: So I called my doc around 10 this morning and left a message, they called me back this afternoon and basically said I sound like I am in prodromal labor (prelabor), I told her that I want to avoid the drugs to stop labor if at all possible and she told me that once I get to 36 weeks that they def won't stop my labor, I'm only 4 days away from 36 weeks so she said that even if I go b4 that that they probably won't stop it. So basically she just said to keep paying attention to my body and if I start having bloody show, or if my water breaks, or if my contractions get more intense and are like that for more than an hour to give them a call or head over to labor and delivery. Baby has been moving around good still so there is no worries there and no need to be monitered. I have been doing everything here as fast as I can to prepare for her yesterday and today, so I am feeling much better about her being a little early lol

Married to the love of my life since 12/19/12, Mother to Miliana Elise since 03/03/2005, Ivan Elias since 12/21/08, Cristiano Alessio since 06/22/11, and expecting my little Shadiya Anais on 05/25/13

in lovetoddler girltoddler boytoddler boyexpecting girl

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jen4boys06
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Sounds like it could be early labor.  Braxton hicks usually stop once you start moving around.  Call your doc to get checked just in case.  Hope all goes well!

MamaScho88
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, I first thought it was braxton hicks and I was dehydrated so I drank a ton of water but that didn't help, and I tried sitting and laying down and that didn't help either so now I don't think its that...so I guess we will see!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Sounds like it could be early labor.  Braxton hicks usually stop once you start moving around.  Call your doc to get checked just in case.  Hope all goes well!

Married to the love of my life since 12/19/12, Mother to Miliana Elise since 03/03/2005, Ivan Elias since 12/21/08, Cristiano Alessio since 06/22/11, and expecting my little Shadiya Anais on 05/25/13

mom2many747
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Has the pain continued?
Jen4boys06
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Update?
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Woops sorry lol I forgot to post an update in here because I only got 2 replies, I posted an update in May 2013 babies forum, but I will copy and paste that update here now :)

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)