Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon do you begin to set up and prepare for baby??

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 22 Replies

We are closing on our new home, should be moved in in about 2-3 wks. And I am anxious to get everything organized. That includes our baby area. But I dont want to set up too early and have it gathering dust, or out for my kiddos to play on! I do know I would want to be organized and set up before we leave on our beach trip at 35-36 wks preggo. So what is your thought. If I set up around 33-34 wks would that be too soon?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfank
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I'll be shocked if I have things ready that soon (I'm 31 weeks now) but I'm a terrible procrastinator and still halfways in denial that I'm having another baby. That said, if I were in your situation I would totally try to have things set up before the trip so that you can just relax while you're away and not worry about what has to get done when you get home. Good luck with your move and enjoy your vacation!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I will set up everything at 34 weeks
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Um.. I'm 20 weeks and I have the itch to get things ready. LOL

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

That is my thought! We are taking such a late vacation, and then my last two babies came at 38 wks. So I just want to kinda be able to relax and make sure everything is ready for the homebirth once we get home from Vacation. So it would be easier to prepare before. But then I feel odd preparing so early!

Quoting sfank:

I'll be shocked if I have things ready that soon (I'm 31 weeks now) but I'm a terrible procrastinator and still halfways in denial that I'm having another baby. That said, if I were in your situation I would totally try to have things set up before the trip so that you can just relax while you're away and not worry about what has to get done when you get home. Good luck with your move and enjoy your vacation!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Are you gonna give in and start getting hings ready or are you gonna make yourself wait? And if so until when?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I have no clue. We haven't found out the gender this time so I feel even moreso that I NEED to do things to get ready. 

Quoting NoraDun:

Are you gonna give in and start getting hings ready or are you gonna make yourself wait? And if so until when?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I waited till the 3rd trimester in past. This time I'll be in school full time during the summer so I'd like to have everything done by June.
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It's never too soon... I had my son at 28 weeks and was obviously not prepared.  Then with all the stress of the NICU and finding out he was coming home only 3 days in advance... we had lots of getting ready to do in those 3 days before he came home!  So I say start preparing :O)

tbarnes895
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I'm 30 weeks and other than having the crib assembled I haven't done anything else yet but I feel behind.  I feel everything should be done and ready within the next couple of weeks so that is my plan.

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Honestly? This time I began buying stuff for this baby and figuring out what we needed at 5 weeks.  I've been going to community sales each weekend and want a headstart getting things while they're cheap. Our crib is still set up from DD using it occasionally, so it's already ready. Same with the diaper changer, so everything is essentially ready and I'm still in the middle of first tri. 

Last time I had the whole nursery set up and ready by 20 weeks. My hospital bag was by the door at 28 weeks. I must have things ready really early or I have nightmares.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured