Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As if being pregnant didn't make me feel sexy enough....

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

A little over a year ago, I took a fall which caused my foot to fold up underneath me as if I were going to sit Indian style, and I fell on to my butt, with all of my body weight, right on top of my foot and instantly, my foot swelled up.
I could put a little weight on the foot, so I knew it wasn't broken, so I didn't go to the hospital and I found out today, that that was a mistake.

My foot has hurt off and on since the incident but usually if I'm on my feet for long periods of time.
At my job, I'm on my feet pretty much all day, with the exception of my breaks and by about an hour or so in to my shift, my foot is killing me.
Well, the other day, I was pulling a heavy cart out of my way and when I stepped back in the the ball of my foot, I felt a pop and then felt a sharp pain in the top of my foot.
After I got off work about an hour later, I went to urgent care, where they took x-rays of my foot and I was told by the doctor, that she couldn't see anything but thought it could be a Ganglion Cyst and referred me to an orthopedic surgeon.
I went to that appointment this morning and after doing some prodding around my foot with her thumb and getting a nice pain reaction from me, she points to my x-rays on her computer screen and said "THAT'S why you have that reaction....you have a cracked bone in your (insert technical name for the bone here)."

I was given the option to either wear a boot or get a cast and since I can't really afford to take off work, I chose the boot.
When the nurse walked in with this wonderous contraption, I wanted to run out of the room.
I immediately said "As if being pregnant didn't make me feel sexy enough...."
If this boot doesn't work, the orthopedic doc said I'll have to get a cast....this boot better work.

After that diagnosis, I decided it was fitting to treat myself to some Thai food from my favorite place....any excuse to treat myself, right? lol

This is the sexiness that they have strapped me with....

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof5kids84
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Lol. So sorry. I hope it works!

Wife to a wonderful man, and mother to five beautiful children. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lovemybaby551
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Rock it lol

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I have a cracked bone in my ankle where I twisted my ankle severely as a teen. I will still twist it pretty severely because the ligaments are all torn. So I have to be very careful! But I have a bone chipped off in there that will cause swelling here and there :( I never had the surgery done to remove it I was supposed to. I expect I will pay for it eventually! Hope you feel better soon!

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

This is the crappiest situation....nothing like having to go buy a pack of men's, black tube socks, just to wear on my left foot, so that I have something high enough on my foot, to keep my leg from itching like crazy.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Lol. So sorry. I hope it works!

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I'll do my best! lol  

Quoting Lovemybaby551:

Rock it lol

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Eek!  Yeah, not getting that taken care of will cause pain for a long time to come.

Quoting NoraDun:

I have a cracked bone in my ankle where I twisted my ankle severely as a teen. I will still twist it pretty severely because the ligaments are all torn. So I have to be very careful! But I have a bone chipped off in there that will cause swelling here and there :( I never had the surgery done to remove it I was supposed to. I expect I will pay for it eventually! Hope you feel better soon!

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Oh no! You poor thing you are a hot mess! Hope you feel better.
Hugs
Braydens..Mommy
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
My sister is kind of "special" about things like this. She bought some sort of fancy designer boot when she had to wear one. It looked ridiculous compared to the plain black one. Yours looks way better! Sorry mama, hopefully your foot gets better. Just remember it will be worth it in the end.
LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I feel like a hot mess! lol 

Quoting KatieFlower:

Oh no! You poor thing you are a hot mess! Hope you feel better.
Hugs

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I won't lie, if they had one with pink leopard print somewhere on it, I would have probably gotten that one. lol

Quoting Braydens..Mommy:

My sister is kind of "special" about things like this. She bought some sort of fancy designer boot when she had to wear one. It looked ridiculous compared to the plain black one. Yours looks way better! Sorry mama, hopefully your foot gets better. Just remember it will be worth it in the end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured