Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

producing milk?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

36w2d pregnant. I have had colustrum since like 20some odd weeks. It started out clear and then went to the normal yellowish color. This morning, since its so hot, I was wondering around naked and started leaking. It is white. like milk. Is it possible that I am now producing milk instead of colustrum? Is it going to effect baby not getting colustrum? 

--a little background-- I got pregnant at 18, now 25, and between 2-3 months I started producing milk, never had colustrum. I had a miscarriage 3-4 months in and never stopped producing milk until I reached my second trimester in this pregnancy. I did get checked out and had tons of test done and everything was normal except my prolactin level, but nothing showed why it was high. There wasnt anything concerning. So this isnt the first time getting milk early, but I though since I actually stopped producing it and then got colustrum (and I am much more educated now), that I wouldnt have to worry about it, and whatever caused the high levels corrected itself.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. Your body knows what it's doing.

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are okay. I bet that everything is just working itself out.  you are already so close to full term! Your baby will be here in no time now! Hugs

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

you should be good

kbear1992
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I'm 37 weeks with my first and haven't had any kind of leaking or anything is this normal?... Everywhere I read it say I should start having something
jesuschild06
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Im not sure. I know some people never leak. My mom never did. Have you tried getting any out by hand? Its hard at first, until you figure out how properly.  But I think it would be just fine not to leak. I dont leak everyday. Sometimes I go 4 days without leaking, and sometimes I have a day I leak so much I have to change my pads in the middle of the day. Also, it is possible to leak and not even realize it because it can be so little and slow. 

Quoting kbear1992:

I'm 37 weeks with my first and haven't had any kind of leaking or anything is this normal?... Everywhere I read it say I should start having something

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)