Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will hire my pregnant self????

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 35 Replies

I am 24 weeks and want a job SOOOOOO bad!!! this is the first time in my life ive counted on someone else  [my fiance] to pay my bills and i cant stand it, he is horrible with money and i have to have all my bills paid as soon as i get them, i cant take this anymore!!!!! i NEED to get a job , but nobody seems to want to hire me, has anyone got a job while they were pregnant? are any places more "pregnancy friendly" than others. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Go in with a plan to stay on. Short maternity leave, etc
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM

well thats what ive been telling them, knowing thats a full lie, because 6 weeks after baby is born i start nursing school.... my fiance's job is hiring for packaging through a temp agency, 10$/hr i  figured this is PERFECT since i drive him to work anyways, i called the agency, and they said no, because they want steady people to end up on payroll., so i told them i would be willing to take a short maternity leave and come back and if i end up on payroll at 12 an hour, then i would push back nursing school for a little while and they wont even call me back lol i swear felons can get a job faster than a pregnant woman 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Go in with a plan to stay on. Short maternity leave, etc

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM

honestly , i dont. i mean hes great with his things, or other things, like my 2 kids he takes care of , if they need anything, he gets it, but when it comes to "my bills" he slacks because he feels he shouldnt have to pay for things i was paying for before we were together such as my car, so its like pulling teeth to get him to help me with my car payment, and i feel its totally unfair especially since he uses the car and i drive him to work everyday. but we are working on that, but no matter how this situation turns out, the point is I NEED to get a job and be able to provide for myself. im used to that, i dont like relying on other people because ive learned you just cant. 

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
so why are you with someone who takes from you but doesnt help in return?
its not that you dont like relying on someone, the point is you cant, because he wont do it.

Quoting KristinCarr:

honestly , i dont. i mean hes great with his things, or other things, like my 2 kids he takes care of , if they need anything, he gets it, but when it comes to "my bills" he slacks because he feels he shouldnt have to pay for things i was paying for before we were together such as my car, so its like pulling teeth to get him to help me with my car payment, and i feel its totally unfair especially since he uses the car and i drive him to work everyday. but we are working on that, but no matter how this situation turns out, the point is I NEED to get a job and be able to provide for myself. im used to that, i dont like relying on other people because ive learned you just cant. 

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

because were working on it, and slowly making progress, hes a great father, other than that we have came a long way , this is the only issue were still working on, but untill we can resolve it, my loan and credit card comapnies wont care. he doesnt make a ton of money and i still get money to pay most of my bills on my own so its not like nothing is getting paid, he does help, im not saying he doesnt nothing at all. just some things are harder to get him to pay than other, thats all. hes definintely not "taking" but just not helping as much as i would like him to. 

i understand your concern,believe me lol but i want a job also, i always have worked, and these last 6ish months i havnt have really bothered me, all i was wondering is who will hire me, if anyone knows of anywhere. to make sure my bills are paid, plus i want some extra spending money, i love to shop way more than i should lol 

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

so why are you with someone who takes from you but doesnt help in return?
its not that you dont like relying on someone, the point is you cant, because he wont do it.

Quoting KristinCarr:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Braydens..Mommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Try some temp agencies. They shouldnt care if you are pregnant, as they are only temporary jobs.
alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

It hard but possible to find a job when pregnant. I just got hired for a 2nd high paying job that's a 3 month contract so its perfect. Last pregnancy I got hired at my OBGYN's office and work there part time still to this day. Even if your are not a nurse or certified in anything its still worth asking since they may have some desk job that you can do. I only have experience in medical offices/hospitals.

Drienne13
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Wow... I know how that feels.  I'm also 24 weeks pregnant & feel like I'm going crazy because I'm not working. I had just returned to school before finding out I was pregnant. For me, not making my own money is such a crappy feeling.

I think the most viable option involves self employment.

zetajen
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I would look into seasonal summer work. if they only need an employee for the summer, you are kind of perfect. I know you can't really mow lawns while carting a baby in the belly, but perhaps the concession stand at the swimming pool could use you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN