Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will hire my pregnant self????

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 24 weeks and want a job SOOOOOO bad!!! this is the first time in my life ive counted on someone else  [my fiance] to pay my bills and i cant stand it, he is horrible with money and i have to have all my bills paid as soon as i get them, i cant take this anymore!!!!! i NEED to get a job , but nobody seems to want to hire me, has anyone got a job while they were pregnant? are any places more "pregnancy friendly" than others. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Strawberry2008
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Have you thought about maybe advertising to do some babysitting at your home? It wouldn't be tons of money but it might help out with the finances you are concerned about. 

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I think you should try temp agencies too. that would be good for you if they have a few month long assignment only or even if they would call you as needed for the time being. Also, in the interview with the actual employers I dont think i would bring up the pregnancy, wait til you've been hired to ask about maternity and stuff if the job would last longer than the time you have left til baby. good luck!

hot_momma633
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I feel the same way! I live in a small town and it seems like nobody is ever hiring. I grew up here so everybody knows I'm looking but nobody wants to even interview me. my other option is driving a half hour to find a job or doing daycare.
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

They don't need to know you actually plan on leaving LOL. You want a job, go get one! Weasel your way if you have to.

Quoting KristinCarr:

well thats what ive been telling them, knowing thats a full lie, because 6 weeks after baby is born i start nursing school.... my fiance's job is hiring for packaging through a temp agency, 10$/hr i  figured this is PERFECT since i drive him to work anyways, i called the agency, and they said no, because they want steady people to end up on payroll., so i told them i would be willing to take a short maternity leave and come back and if i end up on payroll at 12 an hour, then i would push back nursing school for a little while and they wont even call me back lol i swear felons can get a job faster than a pregnant woman 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Go in with a plan to stay on. Short maternity leave, etc

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I got hired at a daycare when I was pregnant with my 2nd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habitat820
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I feel the same way. I am self employed and I'm barely showing, but i'm having a hard time taking on clients because most of them are looking for longevity.

Good luck!

5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Try babysitting =]

5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

legobaby
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
How about cleaning houses? That can be decent money, decent hours, and people won't care that you're pregnant if you're good. Most people just need basic cleaning, not any heavy lifting or anything.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM
then maybe she shouldnt have put that info in the op... right?

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)