Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will hire my pregnant self????

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 24 weeks and want a job SOOOOOO bad!!! this is the first time in my life ive counted on someone else  [my fiance] to pay my bills and i cant stand it, he is horrible with money and i have to have all my bills paid as soon as i get them, i cant take this anymore!!!!! i NEED to get a job , but nobody seems to want to hire me, has anyone got a job while they were pregnant? are any places more "pregnancy friendly" than others. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
raenydaes
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

What about a place that hires additional workers specifically for summer?  Or take on child or pet care gigs as they come up? (care.com/sittercity.com)

Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

How about online work? I hear that's a growing field and great for moms. I'm not sure how to go about getting it, but with some digging and research...

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Right now I'm working at burger king and just applied at walmart because I need more money then I already get. I've also been thinking about selling avon for more money.
itann
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:03 AM
My Goodness! Who do you you are to judge her or her relationship? Every person here is trying to help her out with job advices which she asked for. But you are so nosey to point her relationship status & poking around it. GET A LIFE! Thank God there's only a few like you otherwise it would be impossible to live in this world.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

then maybe she shouldnt have put that info in the op... right?

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Right, stating the obvious truth is so wrong. lol. have a great day!

Quoting itann:

My Goodness! Who do you you are to judge her or her relationship? Every person here is trying to help her out with job advices which she asked for. But you are so nosey to point her relationship status & poking around it. GET A LIFE! Thank God there's only a few like you otherwise it would be impossible to live in this world.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SentRegards
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Try waitressing... its a high employee turnover rate and you don't look fugly, maybe you'll make a lot of tips!

If you're a CNA (going to nursing school) you could look for a home health job and find a sweet old lady who needs help cooking her dinners and unstraining things like that
itann
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I had a frnd who used to think that stating 'an obvious truth' is the motto of her life. We used to call her 'a heartless bitch'. When you know a very little about a person, u shouldn't go around being judgemental. Every story has two sides.
I wish you really have a good day cause in my experience, only people with pathetic lives love to point out the negativities of life.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting itann:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
my life is far from pathetic. lol.
ridiculous.
she put it in her post, not me. and i pointed it out because its something *I* would be worried about. youre the one making it a big deal by continuing to talk about it. we stopped talking about it... so your problem isssss????

Quoting itann:

I had a frnd who used to think that stating 'an obvious truth' is the motto of her life. We used to call her 'a heartless bitch'. When you know a very little about a person, u shouldn't go around being judgemental. Every story has two sides.

I wish you really have a good day cause in my experience, only people with pathetic lives love to point out the negativities of life.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting itann:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
and OP i got a job during this pregnancy. you do NOT have to tell them, and they cannot fire you for being pregnant, either. apply anywhere just to make some money to stock away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Fast food? When I was 17 and pregnant with my son, I got a job at Dunkin Donuts. I didn't disclose that I was pregnant though and they couldn't tell until after I had hit my 90 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)