Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will hire my pregnant self????

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 24 weeks and want a job SOOOOOO bad!!! this is the first time in my life ive counted on someone else  [my fiance] to pay my bills and i cant stand it, he is horrible with money and i have to have all my bills paid as soon as i get them, i cant take this anymore!!!!! i NEED to get a job , but nobody seems to want to hire me, has anyone got a job while they were pregnant? are any places more "pregnancy friendly" than others. 

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Replies (31-35):
itann
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Oh.. Sorry!! I guess I became worried about 'you'. See, it doesn't feel good when people judge u without knowing anything about you! :)
I am gonna stop now :)

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

my life is far from pathetic. lol.

ridiculous.

she put it in her post, not me. and i pointed it out because its something *I* would be worried about. youre the one making it a big deal by continuing to talk about it. we stopped talking about it... so your problem isssss????

Quoting itann:

I had a frnd who used to think that stating 'an obvious truth' is the motto of her life. We used to call her 'a heartless bitch'. When you know a very little about a person, u shouldn't go around being judgemental. Every story has two sides.

I wish you really have a good day cause in my experience, only people with pathetic lives love to point out the negativities of life.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Right, stating the obvious truth is so wrong. lol. have a great day!

Quoting itann:

My Goodness! Who do you you are to judge her or her relationship? Every person here is trying to help her out with job advices which she asked for. But you are so nosey to point her relationship status & poking around it. GET A LIFE! Thank God there's only a few like you otherwise it would be impossible to live in this world.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

then maybe she shouldnt have put that info in the op... right?

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
no, thats just you being a bitch. its all good. i dont care =)

Quoting itann:

Oh.. Sorry!! I guess I became worried about 'you'. See, it doesn't feel good when people judge u without knowing anything about you! :)

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

ridiculous.

she put it in her post, not me. and i pointed it out because its something *I* would be worried about. youre the one making it a big deal by continuing to talk about it. we stopped talking about it... so your problem isssss????

Quoting itann:

I had a frnd who used to think that stating 'an obvious truth' is the motto of her life. We used to call her 'a heartless bitch'. When you know a very little about a person, u shouldn't go around being judgemental. Every story has two sides.

I wish you really have a good day cause in my experience, only people with pathetic lives love to point out the negativities of life.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting itann:

My Goodness! Who do you you are to judge her or her relationship? Every person here is trying to help her out with job advices which she asked for. But you are so nosey to point her relationship status & poking around it. GET A LIFE! Thank God there's only a few like you otherwise it would be impossible to live in this world.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

She isn't asking for opinons on how he'll do or why she's with him. I dont think she needs to clarify to you WHY she's with him. She just asked a simple question on job hunting MYOB. No offense.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No offense, if hes bad with money.... how are you so sure he'll take care of babys needs?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itann
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM
LOL!!

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

no, thats just you being a bitch. its all good. i dont care =)

Quoting itann:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

ridiculous.

Quoting itann:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting itann:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

brittany208
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Anything where you dont have to interview in person? For example, I substitute teach. The application was all online, I just click "accept job" on the computer and show up when I want. I have the most pregnancy friendly job ever.

alegna212
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM

West at Home is a credible online job.  I know at least 5 people who work for them.  It is a customer service rep position and you basically need to have a computer (PC not MAC), internet and home phone (w/ headset that you can buy separately), not to mention a quiet work space away from noise and distractions.  They do require a background check that you pay for, but you obviously make the money back on your first check.

I am in your same situation and I'm 30 weeks along.  I did plan on taking a year off after the baby is born and starting grad school, but I need more money, to feel productive and to be around people b/c I'm an extrovert.  My husband is okay with me not working right now, but I'm not.  I applied for West before I found out that you needed a PC - I have a MAC.

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

Quoting Racheldp20:

How about online work? I hear that's a growing field and great for moms. I'm not sure how to go about getting it, but with some digging and research...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)