Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I watched A Baby Story today (Not normal for me but it was a natural birth at a birthing center) but the birthing mother pushed for 2 1/2 hrs. And my Hubby who walked in just in time to hear that said "OMG 2 1/2 hrs" So I am curious, what where your pushing experiences? How long did it take you?? Do you believe their was a reason it took you less or more time to push baby out?

I stepped in as a Doula for a lady from church and she pushed for a good 45 min. In her case she just wasn't pushing right. She was pushing everywhere but in her bottom. Once she began pushing correctly she had her son out in about 10 min.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Both pregnancies after 2 pushes there out.
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this
4 mins the first time, 2 the second. I hypnobirth, so I didn't push myself - I relaxed and let my body do the pushing. It was an amazing feeling!
Lsilvamom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I can't remember how long for the first 2. I can't see it being more than 30 min since I labor fast. The third 2 pushes he was out. I had to hold off until the doc came in. Good thing she came when she did or he would have swam out himself. 

Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My first one I pushed for 3 1/2hrs because of the epidural and I couldn't feel how to push correctly, they had to use a vacuum to help with the last 2 pushes and I tore really bad.

With my 2nd I had her out in 2 pushes. One for the head, one for the body. So probably 3min total? And it was all natural no pain meds.

Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

fifteen minutes. I felt her coming her down and the dumbass nurse didn't believe me. So my mom got her to check and she was like oh. so i pushed a few times and she was out. thats why in my birth plan LISTENING to me is stressed.

fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM
My first i know took around 45 mins.
My second about 20 mins.
My 3rd i was actually not pushing, i was trying to keep from it because the doc hadnt gotten ib there yet, but by the time he got his gloves on and turned around she was coming on her own and he was yelling "Woah woah woah slow down!" And i swear zero pushing.
Fourth was about 15 mins.
yroder2003
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
45 minutes with dd, my only pregnancy as of right now. I did get an epi, they turned it off when time to push, but I was still numb, so I don't think I was pushing right, plus I was wanting her out so bad that a couple of times I was pushing in between contractions, so that probably was why I was at the 45 min mark. But those last 3 pushes I gave it my all cause I knew the pain would be gone as soon as she was out, and that's so the truth.
MrsQuinn06
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I pushed for about 2 hours with my first. It turned out she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and basically holding her in. The dr said it must have just happened on her way out, so there was no damage done and she was/is perfectly healthy. With my second, I pushed for 15 minutes and he was out.
KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Mine were out in about 3 pushes

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Id love some info on hypnobirthing! i am due with my third in 6 days.  had epis with my two. second epi went in wrong. i would prefer to try without. if you have any links or info please send! thank you :)

Quoting TTC2Long:

4 mins the first time, 2 the second. I hypnobirth, so I didn't push myself - I relaxed and let my body do the pushing. It was an amazing feeling!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Katie, 25 yr old Mommy of 2 boys Alex (5) & Logan (3)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)