Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I watched A Baby Story today (Not normal for me but it was a natural birth at a birthing center) but the birthing mother pushed for 2 1/2 hrs. And my Hubby who walked in just in time to hear that said "OMG 2 1/2 hrs" So I am curious, what where your pushing experiences? How long did it take you?? Do you believe their was a reason it took you less or more time to push baby out?

I stepped in as a Doula for a lady from church and she pushed for a good 45 min. In her case she just wasn't pushing right. She was pushing everywhere but in her bottom. Once she began pushing correctly she had her son out in about 10 min.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Mine were both about 15-20 min. And the 2nd one was over 9 lbs.
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
My first I gave 2 big pushes, and my 2nd i didn't push at all. I was laying on my back & went to sit up a little more & he just slipped out. Almost didn't get caught. We didn't even get pictures it was so sudden hah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
My first was about 15 minutes, they ended up vacuuming her out because she was in severe distress and they lost her heartbeat.

My second was about 15 minutes, he was sideways. Lol.

My third was about 5 minutes. I wanted him out! Haha
Namaste09
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I pushed for 30minutes with my DD.

Mdmooch
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
My first was 1 hour 20 minutes exactly. The second I am not sure. I pulled into the hospital parking lot at 7:35 am and he was born at 9:48 am. It didn't seem very long with either one though. That part of labor went really fast for me.
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My first I pushed for maybe 5 mins after being told not to push for almost 20 because they couldn't find the doctor, the only doctor on call. He was in the parking lot SMH The midwives ran in the room right after he was born.

My second I pushed and he was out LOL. His head was partially out anyways.

I think it really depends on where the baby is when you start pushing. Because I was delayed in active pushing my body did most of the work on it's own. You don't actually need to actively push for the baby to come out. It only helps make things go faster and that's only if you are pushing correctly.

brittany208
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I pushed 45 min but it went by really quickly. My body was just so focused on the task at hand. When dr said "stop for one minute, he's almost out" I was surprised.

Researching a pushless birth for this one though.

JadeTigr7
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 was 30 min
2 was 25 min
3 was 25 min
4 was 15 min
5 was 2 min.
AshleyPie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I pushed for an hour and a half. My son was being stubborn and didn't want to come out. He kept turning sideways so they had to keep turning him the right way.
Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I pushed for an hour and 10 minutes with my son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN