Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I watched A Baby Story today (Not normal for me but it was a natural birth at a birthing center) but the birthing mother pushed for 2 1/2 hrs. And my Hubby who walked in just in time to hear that said "OMG 2 1/2 hrs" So I am curious, what where your pushing experiences? How long did it take you?? Do you believe their was a reason it took you less or more time to push baby out?

I stepped in as a Doula for a lady from church and she pushed for a good 45 min. In her case she just wasn't pushing right. She was pushing everywhere but in her bottom. Once she began pushing correctly she had her son out in about 10 min.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (91-97):
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I guess it can take between just minutes to up to 3 hours to push baby out...this is what my pregnancy book says anyway lol it took me 1 hour to push baby #1 out, I had an epidural with her, but it was a walking epidural (can feel everything below the waist) so it wasnt that I couldn't feel where I was pushing she was just high up and I kept tensing and was causing her to move up rather than down, 1 hour to push baby #2 out with that particular epidural that I had I couldn't feel my legs or anything and had a hard time feeling where to push, and 20 mins to push out baby #3...I had an epidural with him also, but it wore off once I got to the pushing stage so it was easier for me to find "where" I needed to push. I am hoping this baby will come out in 20 minutes or less, I am also hoping to not have an epidural this time around.

BabiesAre2Sweet
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
With my first i had an all natural birth and i was pushing for about 30 minutes. I honestly cant imagine hours of pushing and i really feel for the mamas who have long labours/who are pushing for hours. I hope and pray this time around is as good as it was with my first.
3_times_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I didn't push longer than 15 min with any of mine so far....hoping # 5 is the same!
MommyMarcoux
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM

With my DS I pushed for about 3 mins. With my DD, I only had to push once for an eight count before they handed her to me. I have been very lucky. I hope that luck continues when I go in to deliver the DD I am now expecting in June. I think a good bit of it is just putting your all into every push. I had horrible back labor, and pushing actually relieved my pain for the most part. That eliminated any fear or reluctance to push with anything less than everything I had. I also walked and did a good bit of exercising that focused on the muscles of the pelvic floor, but I really think that putting every bit of effort I could muster into pushing is what made the most difference.

BethRae
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM
With my first I pushed for 5 minutes and with my twins I pushed for about 15 minutes total.
Rachelz123
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I pushed for about 20 min with my DD.
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM

hour and 40 minutes for my dd. i believe i was pushing correctly. she was over 9 pounds though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)