Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

your cravings

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
Have any of you ladies found any tricks to curving those crazy cravings

I'm craving sweets an I feel like at this rate I'll be 50 PDS heavier at l&d

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Just change your perception of sweet. Instead of candy and cakes and my weakness honey buns mmmm. Think of fruit and yogurts as sweet. Cut an apple up in little pieces and mix it in some vanilla yogurt.mmmm cut strawberries in half and put a little whip cream on them also yummm. Things like that might help. Carmel rice cakes. Cereal, like frosted mini weats, sweet but also packed with fiber. Nutrigrain bars.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Good ideas!

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Just change your perception of sweet. Instead of candy and cakes and my weakness honey buns mmmm. Think of fruit and yogurts as sweet. Cut an apple up in little pieces and mix it in some vanilla yogurt.mmmm cut strawberries in half and put a little whip cream on them also yummm. Things like that might help. Carmel rice cakes. Cereal, like frosted mini weats, sweet but also packed with fiber. Nutrigrain bars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I always indulge in my cravings, just a little bit. Like if you are craving candy, buy a small single serving and not a family size bag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Drienne13
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I go for fruit when a craving for sweets hit. Especially peaches, apples, oranges, blueberries or cherries.

I find it works quite well. And I don't feel bad about eating them afterwards. :)

Mihapka
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This is really good advice! It's okay to indulge in cravings every once in a while, but if I did that all the time, I would be unhealthy and that can get pretty dangerous in pregnancy. I eat a lot of cereal when I'm craving sweets, and I usually will eat it with vanilla soy or almond milk (I choose soy because I have a dairy intolerance, but it can be much "lighter" than dairy milk if you're concerned with weight gain, and almond milk has much more calcium.). I also eat a lot of fruits. They're not as sweet as cookies and ice cream, but they can be very refreshing and sweet enough to satisfy you. Plus, you know you're doing something good for your body and giving your baby nutrients (: I often find myself feeling sluggish and bloated after I've over-indulged on crappy foods, and I personally don't find it worth it at this point. I try to find foods that both are satisfying and wholesome so that I know I'm getting good out of it (:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)