Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you had a vaginal and a repeat c section......

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am about to have a repeat c section in 22 days! I am excited but kind of feeling like I may not make it and so I was thinking if I do not make it and go into actual labor, say if my water breaks, I would possibly try for a vaginal. I am on blood thinners so I would have to be put under to have the baby and would miss everything so if it was safe for me to do I would try for vaginal with just pain meds. I wouldn't even be able to do an epi or spinal unless it was at least 12 hours since my last injection. Same goes for the section I could have it so long as the last shot was more than 12 hours.

Anyhow I heard people tell me how much easier the second section is but I want to know from those who had 2 c sections and a vaginal which delivery was the easiest!

Thanks in advance!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Here's a bump. I've never had a csection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I've had 2 sections. First was after a failed induction. My second section was so easy! I would have rather had a vbac though. At least try. GL!
SSMama0209
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I've had one of each, and I prefered the VBAC. I will be going for another VBAC this time around too. Less healing time and no major surgery.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
How much time between your section and the vbac. My twins are 5 years and 8 months old so I would think I would be ok I am just terrified of pushing a baby out and how bad it will hurt! But I do know from friends that recovery was nothing. My sisters had c secs with all their kids so they don't know what to suggest lol.

Quoting SSMama0209:

I've had one of each, and I prefered the VBAC. I will be going for another VBAC this time around too. Less healing time and no major surgery.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Why aren't you at least attempting a VBAC anyway? (I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's an honest question).

Quoting jackieb2811:

How much time between your section and the vbac. My twins are 5 years and 8 months old so I would think I would be ok I am just terrified of pushing a baby out and how bad it will hurt! But I do know from friends that recovery was nothing. My sisters had c secs with all their kids so they don't know what to suggest lol.

Quoting SSMama0209:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Well, there are a few. For one the risk of bleeding being on blood thinners and not sure if it is something hereditary but no one on my mothers side in 5 generations of women were able to deliver vaginaly due to small pelvic bones. I was the only one who was able to dilate even though it was only to 6cm but I was fully effaced (sp) with my twins. That was as far as I got but I had pre e so I opted for c sec because it was making them sick so
I chose c sec this time because it was what I felt comfortable with it since I had already been through it and knew what to expect.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Why aren't you at least attempting a VBAC anyway? (I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's an honest question).

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting SSMama0209:

SSMama0209
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

It was 6 years and 9 months in between my CS and my VBAC. I won't lie, it's painful, but I thinks it's most definitely worth it :) I plan on no meds again this time, and my DH laughs at me. I figure it's worth the shot, and according to the research I did between the first two safer than having another CS.

Racheldp20
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

You're going to want to discuss this with your doctor ahead of time and make a firm decision one way or the other - in the heat of the moment, you'll want to be thinking clearly with your pre-made decision. Also, I've heard pain meds don't do much during labor. But I encourage you to try for a vaginal, it's better for you and baby I think, just be sure about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN