Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

37 weeks pregnant update.. Advice?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

My name is Samantha. I am 16 and currently 37 weeks and two days pregnant with my son Zander. My pregnancy has been pretty normal. The only thing that was diffrent that when I got pregnant I was 165 pounds, and then went down to 140 due to morning sickness. I don't take pre-natals because I still can't keep them down.. Even the chewy kind. 

I had baby appointment on Tuesday ( April 23rd ) and Zander had an estimated weight at 7.7 Pounds:) His heat rate is 145 and he is perfectly healthy. At my appiontment befor that I weighed 154, but now I back down to 152. My blood pressure is normal.

My due date is May 13th. When she checked my cervix it was very thin, and I was 1cm dialated. I noticed this morning a little bit of a egg yolk substance fall out. Kind of like clear snot.. It was only alittle but I am having some come out little by little as well. I know this could be my mucus plug, but that also means very little.

I've been having very bad lower back pain, where I grind my teeth down and take a deep breath. Then since last night I have been having a... I don't know how to explain it? Lightning bolt pain in what feels like my vagina. It only last a few seconds and comes randomly. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
You could be in the early stages of labor. Have you timed any of your contractions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

It's all normal, hun.  Until you start getting timeable contractions, just hang tight and relax.  And welcome to the group, btw!  =)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It's braxton hicks contractions mixed with the pressure of baby's head positioning itself in your pelvis. The lightning bolt pain if from his head pushing on your cervix. Totally normal for the end of pregnancy, but a good sign that he's engaging into your pelvis for when the time comes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)