Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it bad to bend over while being pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

Does it hurt the baby? I do bend but i try not to. I do have a five yr old i chase around and clean up after sometimes. So is it bad bending over while pregnant? If so why is it bad? I am 10 weeks pregnant.

Pregnant with baby number two and mother to a five yr old princess <3 <3<3

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I've never heard of that in my life... I have to bend over all the time because I work at a dog daycare and I'm 7 weeks pregnant.
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I heard of it being bad and not bad i just would like to know if it is bad to bend while being pregnant why is it? I don't know why it would be bad either but i am curious to know.

5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Ive been told by my past docs to limit bending over(one you get into your third trimester) bc it puts strain on your back causing more backpain than you should have. But it isnt bad for baby persay.

Vcoskey
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
It's only bad (and not even really "bad" - just recommended to do as little as possible) in the third trimester when the ligaments and joints are stretching. Your additional weight plus the loose joints make it more likely you could get injured. Otherwise, bending is fine unless you have a special condition.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant - bending isn't even really an option anymore lol
midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Ive been told by my past docs to limit bending over(one you get into your third trimester) bc it puts strain on your back causing more backpain than you should have. But it isnt bad for baby persay.

Ok i see. : )

Jblaac57
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I'm 40 weeks pregnant & still bend over ...I've never heard of it being bad for baby, maybe painful for.me!!
Caramel87
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Im on my third baby which is due in July and I still bend  over yet I was told to squat down instead.The doctor just said it was better for me to do this.

midnightstar21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting Caramel87:

Im on my third baby which is due in July and I still bend  over yet I was told to squat down instead.The doctor just said it was better for me to do this.

So it was just better for yourself so you wouldn't fall or hurt your back etc? Nothing to do with hurting the baby.

Caramel87
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Im thinking it has to do with the back and stuff like that cause he never said it could hurt the baby and Im sure if it could he would have deff told me. Sometimes I do get dizzy when I bend over instead of squating so that could be another reason to bend down instead.

brittany208
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

it's not. the only thing I can think of why it would be is just that you are supposed to "bend with your knees" but that's not really a pregnancy thing. otherwise, no, there is nothing wrong with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured