Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please give me answers ASAP!***emergency question update***

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 24 Replies
I'm 4 cm dilated, 70% effaced, had my membranes stripped Monday. Just went to L&D today for Labor check and I wasn't in true labor yet. Well the nurse gave me a regular cervix exam and when she pulled her fingers out said she wished I had had a bloody show. My midwife says the same thing when she checks me. Well I had never once spotted or anything after a cervix exam. But about 4 or so hours after my exam today I went to go pee and I had a blood tinged mucusy stringy thing when I wiped like I lost my plug and had a bloody show. My question is if you can loose your mucus plug and have your true 'bloody show' hours after an exam? Oh and I. Have a bad lower backache and this extreme sense of my baby pushing down and I feel like I have to poo but pretty much nothing comes out. And I still feel like I have to poo. Does this sound like labor is coming soon?

Update: okay so nothing has yet processed until tonight. For the past 6 hours I have been in the most unexplainable pain. It's like this belt is around the very bottom of my waist is causing these extreme pains there and in my very low back. My baby is pushing so har down on my rectum it makes me scream. I don't think I'm having any contractions but this pain is seriously more than I can handle and I can't even walk or stand up. Please someone tell me what to do. I've tried hot baths and showers but they do not help. What is this what should I do?? :((
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarolineVm.t.b
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Bump
CarolineVm.t.b
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Bump
crystal626rose
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
That's the start of labor! Get some rest while you still can and stay calm :)
CarolineVm.t.b
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I actually just woke up from a 4 hour nap when I had my bloody show. Now I'm just super excited and watching my favorite movie :)

Quoting crystal626rose:

That's the start of labor! Get some rest while you still can and stay calm :)

willsmoms
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Yes I went to the hospital when I called and said I had back pain and felt like I had to poop. I had her an hour and a half later. I have fast lab ours though. Good luck, sounds like there might be a baby soon.
brittany208
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

you can lose your mucus plug at any time. it does sound like baby will be here soon. make sure you have everything ready and go rest while you can! good luck!

puglove19
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Ohhhh everyone says labor ad baby soon Keep us updated!:D

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

After any cervix check, you can have bloody discharge or mucus. I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket in assuming this is the beginning of labor. Just take it easy and see where things head. Good luck!

FarmMom383
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM

keep us updated!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)