Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

first timers

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
How often do you feel baby I'm 19 weeks
I felt baby a bunch week 17 but not much since
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I didnt feel baby a ton right when he first started kicking. When you get farther along and he is bigger, you should feel him much more. If it is a really noticeable decrease, you may want to call the dr just to be sure. But if you just havent felt him much at all yet, then it's probably fine and you will soon

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I never started feeling baby consistently until around 24 weeks with my first.

FarmMom383
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

i am 25 weeks, i feel my little girl mostly in the morning after breakfast and at night when i lay in bed, she moves ALOT!!  i didnt have steady movement until about a week ago, it is so exciting to feel (and see) her move.

mamaanl
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

You don't really start feeling your baby until after 21 weeks with your first child.  You may feel movements earlier on in the pregnancy after you have had more than once child.  So don't think something is wrong or anything just because you're not feeling the baby move.  It's normal. :-)

mamaanl
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Oh, and if you want to feel the baby move around more, try drinking orange juice.  Usually if you want a 3d ultrasound done, they will tell you to drink something like orange juice to get the baby moving around due to the acid.

EmDinger
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

None yet, I'm only 9w4d.

Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Well, this is my first and I started feeling her consistently from about 16 weeks. I do have a posterior placenta though, which makes it a lot easier to feel. I've heard it's normal not to really feel it consistently with your first until 20-22 weeks, I just got lucky and have a body/placenta type that helped me feel them.

KPJ
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I started feeling my baby at 17 weeks and now i'm 21 weeks pregnant and I feel him move more often and stronger
MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I am 20 weeks and I'm starting to feel the little pokes and prods a lot more now than I did before. I would not worry. I heard early movement is very sporadic due to the fact that the baby has a lot of area to move, so it is not always in a prime place to feel.
wkukid
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I started feeling flutters around 16 weeks but they were few and far between. I'm almost 28 weeks now and she moves a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)