Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 weeks and no heartbeat has this happend to others

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 40 Replies

Hello everyone, i went to the ob today and he couldn't find the baby's heart beat with the doppler so he tried with the ultra sound and still couldn't find it, i'm trying desperately to stay positive, i have another ultrasound tomorrow has this happend to anyone else and everything turned out good

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsHill12
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I can't tell ya from my experience.. What did ur doc say? Was he/she at all concerned??
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Not here sweetie, but I wish you nothing but the best. And I am glad he is gonna give you another u/s to try again!! (Did you see baby at all?? Or was baby completely hiding?)

MochaBerry24
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
A heartbeat can be found at 6 weeks and at least by 7. I would ask for a follow up ultrasound but if there is no heartbeat at 12 weeks i dont see how there could be a viable pregnancy. I am so sorry.
KayelynnsMama
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

At my 12 weeks appointment the doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. She didn't try with an ultrasound though, so I don't know if she would have been able to get it then. We heard it finally at my 15 week appointment.

Good luck tomorrow and -try- not too stress out too much.

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Its common with just a doppler, but with an ultrasound there shouldn't have been an issue. Did they take your blood today?

Sorry mama. Hope it turns out well!!!

Did they say the size of the baby matched up at 12wks?
momto2crazykids
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

all he said was he didin't want to "go through that door yet" his exact words when i asked him if he found the h/b with the ultrasound, he found the baby but he wasn't moving tomorrow can't come fast enough for the ultrasound tech to do it

momto2crazykids
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

thanks mamas, i'm trying to stay positive let you all know what happens tomorrow

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Said a prayer for you, keep us posted! Hope everything is ok!

Iamstacey
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Update us quick!!
celticgodess
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured