Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overweight and pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 31 Replies

I'm 350 pounds and about 5'9", I'm ashame to say I weight that much and yes...I know I'm big, no need to remind me. I am 22 weeks pregnant. I think I've been feeling the baby move, not too sure. But if there are any overweight women out there with advice or anything, please reply back. :(

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I am overweight! What advice are you looking for hun?

missjlock
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Like when did you feel your baby move and what does it feel like? I don't know what to look for.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I assume this is your first? With my first I had no idea I was even preggo until I was 17 wks, I felt the baby for the first time around 19 or 20 I believe. I think being large doesn't effect your feeling the movement, it may just effect feeling the movement from the outside once your farther along. But I am not for sure baout that! And with my first I never noticed the flutters, I didn't notice movements until it was what felt like a huge barrell role, and kicks! Like someone putching me from the inside out! Hope that helps hun!

Quoting missjlock:

Like when did you feel your baby move and what does it feel like? I don't know what to look for.

poohbearkfc
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I am also overweight and I didn't feel my 1st till I was well into my 5th month. With this one I haven't feltnit yet at all. I am entering my 5th month. When you do feel it you will defn know for sure.
smyeary
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I am overweight weighing 238 at 22 weeks. I felt the baby move with this one aroun 19 or 20 wks this time. But with my first pregnancy, I was as heavy as I am now.... I didnt know I was pregnant til I was 3 months and remember feeling him move around 5 months. Hope this helps some.. :)

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 5'4" and I weighed about 280 when I got pregnant with my first and felt him at 20 weeks. I weighed about the same when I got pregnant with my second and also felt him at 20 weeks. I don't know how much I weighed when I GOT pregnant with my twins but by the time they were born I weighed 368... my highest weight ever. I also felt them at 20 weeks. After they were born I lost 107 pounds and got down to 261 which is how much I weighed when I got pregnant with this baby and I started feeling movement at around 15 weeks this time. Not sure if it had anything to do with my weight or just the fact that this is my 5th baby.

Don't be ashamed. Just do what you can to stay healthy during your pregnancy. Eat right and drink LOTS of water : )

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been overweight and I have never gone into labor on my.own. not sure if this is something to do with that but I read it could be. I am 5 days from my due date no signs of labor. This is my third
VintageWife
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 5'7" and 186. This is our 4th baby, but I'm not really feeling anything yet even though I'm 15w 3d. This is the latest one to feel so far. I'm wondering if it's because my placenta is moved in front or something or if it's because I'm overweight, but I was overweight with the last two also and felt them by now.

Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes the baby can move that early at this stage it will be more flutters. I am a plus size women myself. Any advice you need just pm me. I am 29 weeks
KPJ
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I am overweight too!! I first felt my baby move at 16 weeks..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured