Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Beginning stages of preeclampsia. Now what...?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 16 Replies

You'd think I'd be an expert at this since I've had preeclampsia with 2 of my previous pregnancies... but with those 2 it came on all at once - my BP was like 170/110 and the protein in my urine was high. There was never any question about what to do ... it was straight to the hospital to be induced. It happened at 33 - 34 weeks both times.

Well, now I am 33 weeks with this baby and I was in the hospital 2 days last week for high BP and the protein in my urine was "high normal." They say anything over 300 is pre-e and mine was 268. Well, then the other day I went to the doctor for my weekly NST and the baby was non-reactive. So they sent me over for a biophysical ultrasound and he only scored 2 out of 10 on that. So they sent me back to the hospital and they were actually going to send me to OSU (closest hosptial with a NICU) and induce me right then but then they decided to keep me over night and do another NST and the baby did well this time.

They have put me on a blood pressure pill and my BP's are kind of up and down. When I got there it was 162/87 and then a few ours later it was like 140/77. And it kept going back and forth like that. They repeated the 24 hour urine test and it came back at 330 this time. So it went up by about 60 in a period of 5 days. So I guess I have the early stages of preeclampsia.

I have to go back to the doctor Friday for a blood pressure check and then I don't know what we're gonna do from there. I am just not used to knowing this early. It was always just like boom... BP is high, protein is high and it's off to be induced. So now I am kind of a nervous wreck, worrying that my BP could spike at any minute and I'm nervous to go back to the doctor cuz every time I go I'm afraid they're gonna say TODAY IS THE DAY!

Ugh... anyone else go through this?

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
*hugs! *
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Thanks. How is your pregnancy going?

Quoting amy31308:

*hugs! *

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It's going good. I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. Thanks for asking. I hope you don't get bad news and have to deliver early again. :(

Quoting Mom2five87:

Thanks. How is your pregnancy going?

Quoting amy31308:

*hugs! *

MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could help, mine came on all of a sudden and I ended up with an emergency c-section at 28 weeks.  Hopefully they'll be able to manage it, but if not you'll either be admitted so they can manage it better or it will probably end up "today's the day"... preeclampsia is a sneaky b*tch :(

I hope the best for you and your little one!!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I had pre e witg my last pregnancy. The hospital refused to induce me at 36 weeks even with me spilling over 700 in protien. My dr was on vacation then and a week later at 37.3 weeks i had an emergency c section because of a placental abruption. My dr said this times, no, if ands or butts. I will be induced even if the hospital doesnt want to because we do not want this happening again. I am 18 weeks now and have been diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension.
SentRegards
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Buy a BP monitor (its like a huge wristwatch) and just take it easy
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry! I was thinking about you last night when I was getting ready for bed. I was going to look you up to see fi yuo had an update. I'm sorry things aren't getting any better. Hang in there! Just keep in mind that every one day in the womb is three less days in the nicu. Take it one day at a time and always always feelf ree to vent here so that you have a release. 

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I had pre-e with my first pregnancy, so with my 2nd pregnancy (even more risk with twins) we started taking precautions early. I started taking meds to lower my blood pressure, daily low dose aspirin, and bought a blood pressure monitor (not too expensive at Costco) so I could take it everyday at home. Thankfully my bp did pretty well for my twin pregnancy! Good luck!

rfhsure
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Yes! My doctors tried to induce me at 37 wweeks for convenience and I fought it all the way to 39 weeks. I did not want an induction at all, and my appointment for an nst turned into me finding out my protein was 3.2. I had my son at 8 04 that evening. That's a rough situation, I wish you the best! The best you can do is embrace that one of these days will be the day, and not fear it. The important thing is to get in the right mindset for the birth, een if it doesn't start the way you want it to. But it is tough, much love your way!
rfhsure
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Yes! My doctors tried to induce me at 37 wweeks for convenience and I fought it all the way to 39 weeks. I did not want an induction at all, and my appointment for an nst turned into me finding out my protein was 3.2. I had my son at 8 04 that evening. That's a rough situation, I wish you the best! The best you can do is embrace that one of these days will be the day, and not fear it. The important thing is to get in the right mindset for the birth, een if it doesn't start the way you want it to. But it is tough, much love your way!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)