Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Me Vs Prenatel Yoga?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: D you do prenatel yoga when you were pregnant/ when you werent pregnant , regular yoga?

Options:

Yes, No

No, yes

Yes, Yes

No, no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

Okay so i bought crunch yoga mama prenatel yoga and iv realized just how UNflexible i am, like omg. Im kinda feeling bad about myself, like im struggling to do all the poses and i cant do them completely right because im so unflexible and i try to do the breathing and everything but it  comes out fast and im out of breath like im not obese or anything im actually quite the opposite but man im out of shape, does any one else feel this way? And like wonder what im wondering , all those women on the movie can do it , and im just like yeah *fall over* lol

p.s. i didnt do yoga before i got pregnant i would do excercize like walking long distances, hike go camping, stuff like that. But nothing regularly. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm not huge into yoga period. I just swim during pregnancy if I can, and add a few extra 30 minute walking trips when I go out and about.

mommytobee19
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Yeah, i wanted to try yoga because its close to mediation but im not really crazy about meditation but i hear its good for you, so this was my half way to it lol

CelestialSong
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM

That's totally normal :) The more you do yoga (and therefore stretch), the more flexible you become. When you do any pose, it should not hurt at all, just bend/stretch/whatever as much as you can. The breathing also takes practice. I still have to remind myself to breathe slowly and deeply, and if I stop thinking about it I lose it and start breathing faster or even hold my breath doing some poses. It just takes practice.

mommytobee19
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM

yeah i forget to breath too and it doesnt really hurt just uncomfortable stretching but i know its a good kind of uncomfortable because im making progress lol

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I tried yoga on one of those kinect games for a while before I got preg. I really enjoyed it. It was hard but good. Now I can't find anytging suitable! But ugg I don't think I could now.

Good luck!
mommytobee19
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Thank you i just hope it works lol iv so unflexible and i need to be because im giving birth naturally in water

wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

You should do Yoga Journal's Prenatal Yoga. I did it with both pregnancies and it was awesome. Plus they have a woman on there doing it at like eight months so it made feel great knowing I could do them too.

mommytobee19
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

hmm ill check it out thanks

CB3arr
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I don't do yoga outside of pregnancy.  I would actually kinda make fun of it...

When I was first pregnant, I was seeing an obgyn.  They offered a prenatal yoga class at the office and I went to it.  I loved it.  It was very gentle and everything was geared towards healthy pregnancy/delivery.  When I left the obgyn to see a midwife, I was kicked out of the class.  

mommytobee19
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM

they kicked you out of the class? not cool. I think yoga in pregnancy and not pregnant is cool, but i cant do it too well. im getting better tho!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)