Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pain in my hoo-ha

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 18 Replies
I have been having pain down there off and on today. It feels as if someone balled up their fist and shoved it up there. It has happened about five times since 4pm. It is now 6:45pm. This is my.fourth baby and I have never experienced this feeling before... what could it be?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
How fsar along are you? I had swelling on my bits towards the end of my pregnancy. Aside from your ligaments stretching, there's a lot of weight sitting on top of all that sensitive stuff. Especially since its your fourth, your ligsments might be more maleable.
stressedmama24
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
30weeks. I already went into labor at 22wks and was 1cm dilated then. My placenta tore at 14wks but had reattached by my 20week ultrasound.

Quoting rfhsure:

How fsar along are you? I had swelling on my bits towards the end of my pregnancy. Aside from your ligaments stretching, there's a lot of weight sitting on top of all that sensitive stuff. Especially since its your fourth, your ligsments might be more maleable.

rbailey2414
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Sounds strange!

rfhsure
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I had an abruption too, at twenty one weeks. If you're having severe uterine pain, consults your doctor. If its sharp stabbing pain that's worrisome. But if its cramping, or very brief pain where the top of your vag is, that's just the baby putting pressure on your cervix

Quoting stressedmama24:

30weeks. I already went into labor at 22wks and was 1cm dilated then. My placenta tore at 14wks but had reattached by my 20week ultrasound.

Quoting rfhsure:

stressedmama24
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM
It's a pressure pain but not coming from the baby. It's more like imagine instead of a Dr checking you cervix, instead he balls his fist up and rams it inside you. That's the best way to describe it.

Quoting rfhsure:

I had an abruption too, at twenty one weeks. If you're having severe uterine pain, consults your doctor. If its sharp stabbing pain that's worrisome. But if its cramping, or very brief pain where the top of your vag is, that's just the baby putting pressure on your cervix

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

rfhsure
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Haha, I used a very similar description for my doctor. Sounds like its exactly what it feels like. Pressure. It doesn't sound troubling to me, sounds like cery normal pain caused by the baby weight on your sensitive junk. You can get it even before the baby drops.

Quoting stressedmama24:

It's a pressure pain but not coming from the baby. It's more like imagine instead of a Dr checking you cervix, instead he balls his fist up and rams it inside you. That's the best way to describe it.

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

stressedmama24
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
It's just so dang uncomfortable and hurts when it happens. Never felt that kinda feeling before and i have felt some strange shit being pregnant. My last child was breech and i had her vaginally. When her butt was crowning I said "OMG" the Dr asked if I was in pain and I said "no but it feels really weird down there...LOOK!" He looked and she was TWISTING/shaking her tushy as she was coming out. The Dr said he had never seen that before ( also I had her out in three pushes...he said he had never seen such an easy breech delivery)

Quoting rfhsure:

Haha, I used a very similar description for my doctor. Sounds like its exactly what it feels like. Pressure. It doesn't sound troubling to me, sounds like cery normal pain caused by the baby weight on your sensitive junk. You can get it even before the baby drops.

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

rfhsure
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I just had my first so everything was weird. No one ever tells you the gnarly shit that haooens, they just tell you the pretty stuff abput the kicks and flutters and the big boobs. No one ever told me my vagina would swell up, that my nipples would get dry and flaky, that my cervix would hurt. Lol my labor was easy. Three hours and then I only pushed for twelve minutes. But the short labor was so not worth the long recovery. Nine weeks later and just when I thought I was done heing I get an abscess in my clitoral hood. Aaaahhhh pregnancy. I have now decided that every weird thing tht can hppen to your body will happen in pregnancy.

Quoting stressedmama24:

It's just so dang uncomfortable and hurts when it happens. Never felt that kinda feeling before and i have felt some strange shit being pregnant. My last child was breech and i had her vaginally. When her butt was crowning I said "OMG" the Dr asked if I was in pain and I said "no but it feels really weird down there...LOOK!" He looked and she was TWISTING/shaking her tushy as she was coming out. The Dr said he had never seen that before ( also I had her out in three pushes...he said he had never seen such an easy breech delivery)

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

stressedmama24
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM
That's so true! With my first child at 5wks my water broke and resealed itself. It left what looked like a giant rubber band in my uterus. It is know as Amniotic Band Syndrome.It happens to every 1 in 10000 women. When my water broke I lost her identical twin. When she was born i pushed 7times and she was out. No pain medicine or relief at all. With my second child i bled off and on with him the first six months. When he was born I got an epidural but it wore off before i had him. My Dr yanked my placenta out tearing my uterus and after he stitched it up it got infected. Then i had my breech baby natural and that is rare. Finally with this baby (he was a vasectomy baby) i had the placental abrubption at 14wks which happens in .01% of pregnancies that early. I already went into preterm labor and was dilated at 22wks. So yea if it is rare or strange it will happen to me.

Quoting rfhsure:

I just had my first so everything was weird. No one ever tells you the gnarly shit that haooens, they just tell you the pretty stuff abput the kicks and flutters and the big boobs. No one ever told me my vagina would swell up, that my nipples would get dry and flaky, that my cervix would hurt. Lol my labor was easy. Three hours and then I only pushed for twelve minutes. But the short labor was so not worth the long recovery. Nine weeks later and just when I thought I was done heing I get an abscess in my clitoral hood. Aaaahhhh pregnancy. I have now decided that every weird thing tht can hppen to your body will happen in pregnancy.

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting rfhsure:

rfhsure
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Goodness gracious woman! I wish you the best with this one! I hope your delivery is smooth with the new one, let me know how it goes, you're a warrior!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)