Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

im about to spend $60+ on herbs online... am i crazy?? (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

so i realized how much pregancy and mothers milk teas are and how much you should drink them... 16 bags for $5... recommended 2-3 cups a day... thats a lot.  so i found online they sell the herbs in bulk... i have 1 lb of pregnancy tea herbs, 1 lbs of mothers milk tea herbs and a mesh tea infuser in the cart... just under $60 + shipping.

im 31 weeks... im planning on drinking a lot more of the pregnancy tea (im trying for a vbac, i like the taste... why not right?) and i will be returning to work when lo is only 2 months and i'll be pumping (and im scared!!)

so... talk me into it!!! (its a big one time payment, thats whats freaking me out...)

pregnancy due date

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Hey if you like it and will use it, I would do it.  Tea can get spendy!

ohmandy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM

seriously, im usually really cheap with stuff, but i like tea and if it can also help with all this, well, im down haha.  i could be spending the money on worse things (even though i was hoping to go on a mini shopping spree this weekend lol)

Quoting meam4444:

Hey if you like it and will use it, I would do it.  Tea can get spendy!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Why not search for the teas in bulk, to reduce the price?

ohmandy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM

this would be in bulk... and its much cheaper than if i were to go to the store... its just a big all at once purchase haha

Quoting Pandapanda:

Why not search for the teas in bulk, to reduce the price?

CelestialSong
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Just to warn you if you've never tried that tea, it tastes very strongly of anise (black licorice). And IMO there's some sort of weird icky undertone to it. I choked down one cup and decided it wasn't worth it. (Full disclosure: I told my husband it was like drinking a hot cup of licorice flavored ass.) So... honestly, I would not invest much in it until you've tried it and know you can drink all of that.

ohmandy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM

i had the store kind, i didnt love it but didnt mind it.  im assuming this loose tea is a little more intense lol

Quoting CelestialSong:

Just to warn you if you've never tried that tea, it tastes very strongly of anise (black licorice). And IMO there's some sort of weird icky undertone to it. I choked down one cup and decided it wasn't worth it. (Full disclosure: I told my husband it was like drinking a hot cup of licorice flavored ass.) So... honestly, I would not invest much in it until you've tried it and know you can drink all of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN