Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Prolonging Labor?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 33 Replies

Does anyone ever wish they could prolong labor? Especially ones who have had quick labors.  I am so excited about the labor and delivery, Oct can't come soon enough. But I so badly want my labor to last long enough I can enjoy the process. With my daughter my labor was so fast (less then 2 hrs) that it felt like it was over and done with in a blink of an eye. And it left me feeling like I missed out! I would love a 6-8 hr labor this time. And although I know there is no way to prevent a short labor, and no way to prolong a labor I can't help but hope that it lasts longer this time. I am gonna enjoy the last few weeks of my body preparing too. Maybe if I can convince myself that is an early labor then I wont feel so gyped. Anyone else with short labors feel this way??

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Nope. I don't enjoy pain. I'm glad my last was only 3 hours. Hope lil girl comes fast too.
Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I wish mine was only that long...mine was over 14 hours. I don't do well with pain.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I don't care how long/short my labor is. I was happy with my 18 hours of active labor as well as my 2 hours of active labor. 

Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I can understand what you mean. You want a gradual process not just bam baby. Lol. My labor with dd one was gradual but I have to say it was something I remembered partly before the drugs entered the picture. I hope you get the birth you desire
MizMellyMac
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Honestly, I just hope I get to labor. I was induced with my son and labored for 16 hours then had a cesection. I want to go on my own and handle contractions as they come and then get the chance to push. I'd love an all natural labor. I know I'll be monitored since I'm VBACing but I've heard that protocol makes contractions 10X worse. I'm that's true so I can avoid pain meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Nnnno. My first delivery was 8 hours, second was an hour and 45. The shorter one was harder and I wanted it DONE! I was SO relieved to let him come out. I also decided during that labor that it would be my last. No more of that nonsense for me! It's amazing and all, but...
summerbear
by Rachel on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I do! My last labor was less than 3 hours and he came out in 2 pushes. I felt like I missed out on so much! My longest labor was 4 1/2 hours and that was my first. I thought I had 20+ hours once labor started like my mom said and many others said while I was pregnant. They said first babies come late and you are in labor for 20+ hours. She was born 8 days early.... sigh.

Baby #2 though came at 41 1/2 weeks, she made up for her early sister! Lol

I do want this labor to be longer in some ways... everything goes by so fast!
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

NOOOOOOO.  My shortest labor was 25 hours.  I'd have donated a dang kidney if I could've had short labors with all three of mine, lol.

stephv53
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM
my first was over 27 so im HOPING this one is quick!
Racheldp20
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I'd love a short labor...the shorter, the better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN