Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm f***ing pissed (strong language sorry)

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 21 Replies
Holy shit I'm pissed!!!! I had posted earlier about the back pain I wa having an the stuff my dr telling me to do at home didn't work I went threw it twice... Anyway I ended up going to l&d because the pain was getting really bad in my back (like someone was taking a bat to it an just going at my lower back) anyways I get here get in a room and the nurse hooks me up and tells me my baby's hb was a little strange for a few mins (below the red line) and I was having big contractions lastig a min (when I was feeling the back pain but I couldn't feel it in my belly) anywho she said she was going to monitor me... A few mins later my dr comes storming in the room and tells me that there is no reason to come in for something they can't fix (this is before him lookin at my charts) and he told me to stay home and I told him my back was getting unbareable and he said oh well there's nothing we can do your just going to have to stay in bed or on the couch.... Are you fucking kidding me?!?! I'm your patient your my fucking dr this is your job I tell you I'm in sever pain and you tell me oh well???.... Umm no I'm beyond pissed right now I want to change drs soooooo bad no dr should treat a person that way when this is there job....

Oh and to add the nurse checked me I'm 1.5cm dilated and 70% effaced....
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Are you still there? Maybe you can see if you can be seen by the on call doctor?
kbear1992
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Im still here hooked up because they wanted a pee sample(for what reason i don't know)He is the on call dr tonight... Am I in the wrong for thinking that or going in??? Seriously I'm so mad I just want to get up and leave and go home

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Are you still there? Maybe you can see if you can be seen by the on call doctor?

MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I understand the frustration. I would say though that if you're still hooked up then if you were In active labor they would have noticed. I would be frustrated by the way the dr treated you also. :-( I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
File a formal complaint.

PR doesn't like cleaning up after rude doctors.
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Sorry my friend.. Hoping that when ur little one is ready to come out is a much better experience. ((HUGS))
kbear1992
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I don't even know if I want to have my baby with this dr anymore he was very very rude and I'm just really upset.. And still here

Quoting NatyRod:

Sorry my friend.. Hoping that when ur little one is ready to come out is a much better experience. ((HUGS))

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

File a formal complaint, sounds like someone is seriously lacking bedside manner imo. There are always pain relief options & if you are contraction & effacing/dialating then clearly you had reason to be there HELLO! I would demand to see someone willing to help you period. I mean to not even offer you tylenol & water, SOMETHING, what a joke.

Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Report him. I have done it. There was a on call dr who was rough with me when I was having some pain. I will not allowed to be treated any old kind of way by anyone. He should have asked you how has it gotten worse not chewed you out. When things are in a better place and he is on your room tell him what he did was out of line and you will be reporting him for it. I think it was good you went sitting at home with no real answers on wth is going makes a person panic and get anxious omg your dr makes me want to slap him in the throat
kbear1992
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM
That's all he said tylenol warm bath warm shower and stay down on the couch or bed... I've been doing it all day (more like since they put me on bed rest at 34 weeks)... And my lower back started becoming unbearable ... He comes in to yell at me leaves... Yet 2 hours later I'm still here... And noone will tell me anything about what's going on

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

File a formal complaint, sounds like someone is seriously lacking bedside manner imo. There are always pain relief options & if you are contraction & effacing/dialating then clearly you had reason to be there HELLO! I would demand to see someone willing to help you period. I mean to not even offer you tylenol & water, SOMETHING, what a joke.

kbear1992
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
You should have seen my df he just about jumped out of his chair and killed him because after the dr walked out I started almost balling due to the rudeness.. Df bit his tongue so hard and didn't say anything but he is pissed someone treated me like that while I'm in pain

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Report him. I have done it. There was a on call dr who was rough with me when I was having some pain. I will not allowed to be treated any old kind of way by anyone. He should have asked you how has it gotten worse not chewed you out. When things are in a better place and he is on your room tell him what he did was out of line and you will be reporting him for it. I think it was good you went sitting at home with no real answers on wth is going makes a person panic and get anxious omg your dr makes me want to slap him in the throat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)