Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many of you have gottene false positives?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am just wondering. I just tested when my period was 4 days late and got a positive.

A little history- I had my first child then a year later got pregnant and had miscarried at 8 weeks. Years later I got pregnant again and miscarried at around the same time. This is somewhat normal according to my doctors at the time. I think its called spontaneous abortion. Then a few months after the second miscarriage I got pregnant with my youngest. Now I am testing positive and am just wondering if anyone had this happen. I know sex leads to risk of getting pregnant and we thought we were being careful so I am just wondering. I remember during my first MC my doctor told me that it is possible to test positive during a certain time before your peroid starts. I am not sure if this is true I never looked into it. With my history of micarrying I am a little concerned. Since my period is only 4 days late I do not know if I should call doctor. I am waiting another 3 days or so to test again. My period never comes on the same day it usually starts with in the same week but never the same day.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingrlovesong
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:09 AM
I had some on blue dye tests. Never on pink dye tests.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I did once but it was very faint.
JadeTigr7
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I've never had a false positive. I have miscarried, and I knew I was pregnant because I tested pos before it happened at 4 weeks and another time at 5 weeks.

It's rare to get a false positive and more common to get a false negative.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I've never had a false positive but I have had a false negative.
brittany208
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I never have. But I've only tested twice, and both times I was already pretty sure I was pregnant.

orliesmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I never heard of this i dont think ive ever done a pink dye test

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Their.Mom
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I got a false positive on a Clear Blue Digital. It said "Pregnant" & I wasn't!

zetajen
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

a false positive is very rare. a misread test is more common. I have misread a test before. I always thought the commercials were funny that women could misread a pregnancy test. Who does that.

on a blue dye test, you are likely to see the test strip, even if it did not react. so if you read it from a normal distance, no squinting, and the line is there, it is positive. and within 10 minutes. after that, you may be seeing an evaporation line.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I'm sorry but that's just a bit of confusing.

Yes, I have gotten a false positive but it was with one of those really cheap brand tests.  I knew it was a false pos because I went out and got an FRER and that was negative.

livingrlovesong
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM
They are the most reliable. Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Always get the pink dye

Quoting orliesmom:

I never heard of this i dont think ive ever done a pink dye test

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)