Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy after a tubal ligation?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 9 Replies

is it possible to get pregnant after having a tubal ligation after 8 years?

Janel (momof4inkansas)
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM

If they were tied, then they can come untied. But I would think this would be pretty rare to happen.

Btw, I am in kcmo, and i think this is the first time i've seen anyone post who (likely) lives nearby.

akrall83
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM
It's possible, but it does not happen often. A lot if it depends on how it was done. It is less likely to happen if they are cut and cauterized rather than just having clips placed. In my 5 years at the hospital i work at there have been 2 babies that i know for sure were conceived unexpectedly after a tubal ligation.
livingrlovesong
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in KS, about 2 hours away from KC Mo :-)

Quoting tinka_pixie:

If they were tied, then they can come untied. But I would think this would be pretty rare to happen.

Btw, I am in kcmo, and i think this is the first time i've seen anyone post who (likely) lives nearby.

bshoemaker
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I am literally about 15 min from KCMO on the Kansas side.

Quoting tinka_pixie:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting tinka_pixie:

What she said

BTW Im in KCMO to
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Yes it is possible, that's one thing the dr is supposed to inform you of b4 the procedure...if they are tied they can become untied, if they are burned or cut they can grow back together over time, it doesn't happen often...but that's why tubal ligation is 99.8 percent effective, but nothing is 100%

Married to the love of my life since 12/19/12, Mother to Miliana Elise since 03/03/2005, Ivan Elias since 12/21/08, Cristiano Alessio since 06/22/11, and expecting my little Shadiya Anais on 05/25/13

in lovetoddler girltoddler boytoddler boyexpecting girl

jessymoka
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM
My neighbor has a "but I had my tubes tied" baby.
Her youngest was four when she found herself dumb founded by pregnancy.
She now has the cutest 18 month old ever!
KPJ
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Waoo it's crazy that a woman can still get pregnant even after getting tubes tied... I'm still getting mine tied as planned with my doctor.. But geez I still think is nuts that the tubes can become untied....
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM

it's rare but yes it's possible for your tubes to grow back together... it can happen with men too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)