Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Low t affect the sex of the baby?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 16 Replies

well me and the hubby are pregnant with twins. we already have 2 little girls, and we were wondering if low t count in men has an affect on the sex of the baby? I heard that if the male has low t then he is most likely to have a little girl.... Just wondering if any women out there have had this experience with their hubbys or proven this to be untrue? please help!

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

My Hubby has had low testosterone since he was a teen. We have two boys, a girl, and are expecting our 4th (sex unknown) I don't think that low testosterone has anything to do with the sex of a baby! My Hubby had low t but high count, I supposed if the guy has a low sperm count then that could play a part. But I dont know!

5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex dh had low and we had two boys. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't really change the outcome. You have a 50/50 shot either way!

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

thank you so much guys! 

puertoricangeek
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't have anything to do with waht sex the baby will be, that just has to do with how many he actually has. I beleive that the X gene sperm swim faster but die sooner (girl) and the Y gene swim slower but live longer(boy) It all depends on all variables.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

FarmMom383
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i have never heard that they are linked but im not 100 percent possitive that they are not.

pregnancy calendar
la_sirena22
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Really the only way to have an impact on which gender you conceive is to properly time intercourse around ovulation. To do that you have to really track your cycles and know your body (it would take waaaay more patience than I have!) and even it isn't entirely accurate!

rbailey2414
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

gl!

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It is a pain in the ass lol. But since I was tracking for bc purposes it made it easier to switch gears and use for conceiving. This is the only baby I ever planned and will be the last all pregnancies after this one (knock on wood) will be unplanned. Less stress. I used the girl timing tricks. Having a girl. Got lucky lol

Quoting la_sirena22:

Really the only way to have an impact on which gender you conceive is to properly time intercourse around ovulation. To do that you have to really track your cycles and know your body (it would take waaaay more patience than I have!) and even it isn't entirely accurate!

yperez0209
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to share that I also had a set of twins after having two children. They are so much fun once they let you sleep. So different than singletons, you will see how they keep each other entertained and the bond they form. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN