Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage today...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 44 Replies

I had dark brown spotting this morning so I went to the ER. They did a pelvic exam and ultrasound. The baby is fine thank god but I  have a subchorionic hemorrhage in my uterus so I just have to take it easy the next few days until my OB appt on Thursday. I got to see my little bean though and hear the heartbeat for the first time! Im 7w4d today, official due date is December 12.

HCG is 95,000! I hope everything stays good. I've been reading up on subchorionic hemorrhages and am scaring myself.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

take it easy mama! YAY for hearing baby!!

his88angel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I am sorrry you had to go to the e.r. its always so scarry thinking something could be wrong with the baby. I am glad you are okay. What exactly is a subchorionic hemorrhage??

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
basically since my body started producing a lot more blood for the baby, it produced too much so it's like an oversized blood blister but if it pops it could cause more bleeding.

Quoting his88angel:

I am sorrry you had to go to the e.r. its always so scarry thinking something could be wrong with the baby. I am glad you are okay. What exactly is a subchorionic hemorrhage??

his88angel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Wow im sure that can be scarry. I had to go to the e.r. around 6 weeks for bleeding i was scarred, but after getting to see little bean it makes you feel so much better.

Quoting marissabrookee:

basically since my body started producing a lot more blood for the baby, it produced too much so it's like an oversized blood blister but if it pops it could cause more bleeding.

Quoting his88angel:

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM

yeah it really did, seeing it just jumping around the sac haha it was so cute.

Quoting his88angel:

Wow im sure that can be scarry. I had to go to the e.r. around 6 weeks for bleeding i was scarred, but after getting to see little bean it makes you feel so much better.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting his88angel:

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM

thanks girl!

Quoting Larsbug:

take it easy mama! YAY for hearing baby!!

Sagemm
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I too had one. I went to the er with very active bleeding about 10 weeks and they said I m/c... To later tell me baby is fine and they don't know. Following week my ob said I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. I cramped so bad and had active and old blood. I took it easy for a few weeks and now at 15 weeks its all gone. I was so scared because there is nothing you can do and no real excuses for it. Good luck, I hope it clears.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

so were you on bed rest? or did you just really take it easy? I want to make sure nothing happens.

Quoting Sagemm:

I too had one. I went to the er with very active bleeding about 10 weeks and they said I m/c... To later tell me baby is fine and they don't know. Following week my ob said I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. I cramped so bad and had active and old blood. I took it easy for a few weeks and now at 15 weeks its all gone. I was so scared because there is nothing you can do and no real excuses for it. Good luck, I hope it clears.

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
They are like little kung fu fighters at this stage! :) Hope everything turns out ok.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting his88angel:

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting his88angel:

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

oh yes they are! and I know mine will fight.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

They are like little kung fu fighters at this stage! :) Hope everything turns out ok.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting his88angel:

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting his88angel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)