Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Oh, that was embarrassing

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

What is your most embarrassing pregnancy symptom?

Here's mine. I can't sneeze without wetting myself. It's terrible, I have to wear a pad all the time. I don't understand my bladder. I can't sneeze, laugh, cough or do much for that matter without it coming out a little or sometimes not so little. 

I've been told to do kegals *not sure of spelling.... but so far it's  not helping. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Mine was gas

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I am SO gassy its not even funny... I work at a dog daycare and find myself blaming the dogs way too much.

A-WAHL
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I'm with the other PP's gas. My stomach is always on a rampage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lumismama822
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I pee myself too haha!! I was sitting cross legged on the floor today and sneezed...I had to go change after that lol. I always have to wear a panty liner. I have done the kegels too but it doesn't seem to get better until the baby is out (I've had this problem with every pregnancy). Oh, and my husbands just looks at me and laughs every time I sneeze..he finds it amusing bc he knows what just happened lol

angela84
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM

For kegels to be effective, you have to do them at least 300 times a day. I know it sounds rediculous but that's what I've been told.

I've got gas in both directions :(

Yurixsi
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Gas... Ughhh
Jenn820
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I'm in your situation. It was really bad the first tri but has gotten a little better now (I know this reprieve is only fleeting.) Kegals take a long time to work...they'll help more with post pregnancy. I personally say to resign yourself to the liner. Your body is releasing stuff to loosen ligaments and that makes it a lot harder to keep that sneeze from causing a little dribble. :)
yperez0209
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Oh no that's the worse, when you are sitting crossed legged and the sneeze catches you by surprise. Yep, that's defenitly an indicator that you need to change your undies and pants sometimes. 

Gotta love those husbands.

Quoting lumismama822:

I pee myself too haha!! I was sitting cross legged on the floor today and sneezed...I had to go change after that lol. I always have to wear a panty liner. I have done the kegels too but it doesn't seem to get better until the baby is out (I've had this problem with every pregnancy). Oh, and my husbands just looks at me and laughs every time I sneeze..he finds it amusing bc he knows what just happened lol

yperez0209
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Ha Ha that's funny. 

Quoting marissabrookee:

I am SO gassy its not even funny... I work at a dog daycare and find myself blaming the dogs way too much.

teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Cross your legs when you sneeze lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)