Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you feel your baby kick? And started to show?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I turn 20 weeks tomorrow with my first. I have always been a skinny girl who never reached in the 100's on my weight. All you can see on me is a little belly. I still don't show. But my jeans don't button no more. I have felt my baby moving. How would you describe your first baby movements?

And When did you started to show with your first?

Also when did you first felt your first baby kicks and how do they feel?

Thanks ladies :)

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
digdug
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 24 Weeks now. I started to show around 19 Weeks and at 21 I felt first kicks. Now there's kicking all the time! It's fun. It will happen soon for you I bet. Good luck!
Smileyneni
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Thank you! :) and i hope so.

How do your kicks feel?

Quoting digdug:

I am 24 Weeks now. I started to show around 19 Weeks and at 21 I felt first kicks. Now there's kicking all the time! It's fun. It will happen soon for you I bet. Good luck!

angela84
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM

The kicks feel like little bloops. Thats the only way I can describe it. You will definitely know when it kicks. I'll sit on the couch and it will startle me a bit to feel it come out of nowhere. I'm only 22 weeks and started feeling movement at 15-16 weeks but the actual kicks didn't really come unil a bit later. My husband still can't feel baby from the outside.

mama_pink_tink
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

with my first it was 14 weeks i felt him, and about 6 months when i was finally showing and not just chubby. With this one (my 4th pregnancy, second living child, fingers crossed) I was feeling the movement at about 9 weeks and i have been showing since then as well

Krlyon
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I'm almost 17 weeks with my first. I felt the flutters around 13 weeks. To me they feel like someone is tickling me with a feather from the inside. I THINK I have felt a kick, but since I'm not sure, I don't count it as one. =)

ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM
With my first I felt the first kicks around 20 weeks and it floored me. Literally, I fell to the ground. The first felt kick was so strong it was almost unreal lol this baby I felt around 14 weeks I THINK. She does alot of rolling around though. Which feels pretty wicked.

Both pregnancies I've shown pretty early. You could tell by about 12 weeks with my first and only by about 8-10 weeks with this one. I'm 32 weeks now and I feel as big as a house lol
mrs.ramirez
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I started feeling slight movement which felt like gas pangs at 14 weeks. Each week following the movements became more noticiable and frequent. Up until around 18 weeks I only felt them laying down.

At 18 weeks I could feel it through the skin faintly.

By 20 weeks I can feel limbs brushing my insides and actualy kicks and jumps. Sometimes in reaction to loud noises.

Im not showing at all which makes it all a little weird lol....but baby measures around a pound :)
abigailsmommy11
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM

With #1 I started showing at about 24 weeks, I felt kicks at 16 weeks, it was a couple quick precise kicks and just amazing! :) I can't wait to feel that again!

alex815
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM
6 months
CarlaG13
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I am 24 weeks today, I started feeling little "popping gas bubbles" (which I believe are first movements) at around 17/18 weeks, by 20 weeks I was feeling little kicks... and now I got full on whacks in the ribs and stomach LOL - best feeling I have ever had in my life. 

I am tall and moderately thin too (pre pregnancy I was 127 and I'm 5'7) - I started getting a little belly at 16 weeks and right around 21/22 weeks is when I really popped.  I'm still not that big - people are just starting to ask me if I am pregnant, but they are hesitant because sometimes it just looks like I ate a big meal. LOL  There is a girl in my office who is having her first baby as well and we are only 2 weeks apart - but she looks way bigger than me, so I think it depends on the person.

Best of luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)