Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Oops! Poop while pushing?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I've heard that some or most women do #2 while pushing. Is there anyway I can prevent that from happening to me ?! Lol it's ganna be so embarrassing!!
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?? LOL !!
Tell me your stories!

37 weeks with a BabyBoy name Kamdyn <3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yperez0209
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Nope, never happened and I have five children. I guess it depends what's going on in your digestive system when it comes time to push. 

Melamma
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol It happened to me every single time and I have four children and pregnant with my fifth. A lot of women do it. It's because the baby is putting pressure on your bowels. There is no way to prevent it. However, if you're embarassed about it, tell your Midwife or Doctor your concerns. They are really good at covering these things up so you don't know they even happened. I personally find it funny. Lol I have incredible pictures of my third being born and poop is coming with her. It's all natural and part of the birthing process. :)

Fightclmembr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this
On my third yes, I did! I was in labor for 18 hours, so naturally I missed my usual "morning constitutional", but that was the only birth that didn't make going #2 after feel like giving birth to a razor blade covered butt baby. Sorry for being graphic....but no one warned me how bad it would hurt to poo post baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
potgieter
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

it does happen but let me tell you, if it happens you wont know - the drs clean everything up super fast and there is so much going on you would only know if someone said something. I made dh swear not to tell me and the drs dont react to it at all - they see it ALL the time. 

Alot of women have diarhea before going into labor so I think that helps but I dont think there is anything you can do to prevent it. Except trying to do #2 as often as possible in the days leading up haha. 

Im pretty sure I didnt poop, but like I said, I wouldnt be surprised if I did and nobody said anything. 

It worried me sooo much before hand, but it didnt even cross my mind in L&D.

Good luck mama!!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never done it with my boys but I did urinate in the OBgyns face both times which is equally embarrassing.

Good luck
Mdmooch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM
No way to prevent it. It is gross but by that point you won't even care. That was my biggest fear and it happened with both of mine. But by that time in delivery I didn't even care anymore.
finnbar
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I didn't because my bowels cleaned themselves out starting a few days before labor started. I believe going into labor naturally reduces the likeliness of poop during pushing because the body has prepared itself. Having a short labor probably helps too as food does not have time to make it that far.
Nobody will mention it or be grossed out in the hospital if you do. They know it's normal and not something you did on purpose.
Luvizth3drug
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I just had my first child April 10th. I had the epidural so I was numb, but I did #2 while pushing and honestly it wasn't embarrassing cause it happens to a lot of women. You can't help it so don't worry it's natural. I had my husband, his mom, and his sister in the delivery room and nobody said anything about me doing #2.
bear.katten
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Yup! If you hold back on your pushes to try and not poop it'll just take baby even longer to get here! I was so nervous about it but with all the pain I was in I really didnt even care! lol
Priscilla2o13
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Oh my goodness ! Lol
That's a funny story :)
& thank you! I'm 37 weeks! So close !

Quoting DACIA79:

I've never done it with my boys but I did urinate in the OBgyns face both times which is equally embarrassing.

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)